getting my band on a show with A Skylit Drive this November? They're doing a UK tour and playing a small-ish venue (350 people tops) in Manchester, where we are located. Now, we could easily bring at least 80 people to this show (Not one of those bands that over-compensates and brings next to no-one), and I think that would be pretty good for ASD themselves because they're pretty huge in the states but no-one here really knows about them, so if they had a bigger crowd that moshes I'm sure they'd like that, and getting to play with one of our favourite bands would be pretty awesome. Problem is, I can't find who the promoter of the show is on any of the posters so I don't know who to contact, and I doubt the band themselves will reply if I message them on myspace. How would you suggest I sort this out?
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

i think that you would want to talk to their booking agent before their promoter.'

edit: you would probably have better luck in the bandleading forum, a lot of those guys are really sharp and have a lot of experience at this sort of thing.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Last edited by BrokenBricks at Aug 17, 2009,
check their site for any of their management, check the venues management
if all fails
throw a brick at the venue and stage a protest.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
My friends band played out in the woods with them. Only like 30 people went to the concert, L2Book. One of the people in my friend's band has the guitarists screen name.
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
Quote by BrokenBricks
i think that you would want to talk to their booking agent before their promoter.'

edit: you would probably have better luck in the bandleading forum, a lot of those guys are really sharp and have a lot of experience at this sort of thing.

This.

And send them a demo so they know who they're dealing with.
Quote by BruceWillisman
My friends band played out in the woods with them. Only like 30 people went to the concert, L2Book. One of the people in my friend's band has the guitarists screen name.

Could you link me to their myspace by any chance? I can't find them. Or if not, could you ask him and pm me his screen-name?

Oh, and thank you to the rest of the guys, I'm gonna find their booking agent and message them on myspace personally as well, everything's worth a shot!
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
Could you link me to their myspace by any chance? I can't find them. Or if not, could you ask him and pm me his screen-name?

Oh, and thank you to the rest of the guys, I'm gonna find their booking agent and message them on myspace personally as well, everything's worth a shot!

i worry that you can't use google

http://www.myspace.com/askylitdrive

Quote by God

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

Quote by Lostprophets$$$

np. just don't act like a desperate kid, act professional, display yourself and your band in that manner, and don't act like a fanboy if you are one. keep it cool, and have the attitude like you're something special, not just some opener.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
why am i hearing female vocals when there is no females in the band?

Quote by God

Quote by JDbbx

Ill see what i can do as far as the screenname goes. Good Luck though
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
Quote by ilovepepsi
why am i hearing female vocals when there is no females in the band?

I didn't mean A Skylit Drive's myspace you twod I meant his friend's bands myspace who played with them, haha.

Also, the female vocals would be due to them being a post-hardcore band, who generally tend to have girly, whiny vocals (Listen to Alesana for reference, aha), and their singer sings in falsetto.
Quote by whiteraven119

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

Quote by BrokenBricks
np. just don't act like a desperate kid, act professional, display yourself and your band in that manner, and don't act like a fanboy if you are one. keep it cool, and have the attitude like you're something special, not just some opener.

This. A huge part of becoming big in the music scene is acting like you belong without being a d-bag.
Defender of the Llama