Okay, so, i'll keep this short and sweet.

-I want to start learning some CoB songs.
-To give you an idea of my skill level, the most difficult song i've learned so far is a toss-up between "This is Absolution" and "My Curse" by Killswitch.
-(Here comes the obvious part) i'd like to know if there are any CoB songs that fall into that skill-range and, if so, which ones?

GO, OH UG SCAVENGERS!!!!

(But seriously, thanks for the help, guys).
Gee-arr:

ESP LTD Viper 400
Line 6 Spider 75W
Digitech RP350
Bed of Razors is one of the easier songs, I think. It's fun to play, at any rate, so try that one!
ummm.. like besides the solo's im pretty sure you could get an one of their songs down..

PSN: reldask
Quote by reldask
ummm.. like besides the solo's im pretty sure you could get an one of their songs down..

This, Hate Me's quite easy (even some of the solos are manageable)

Off topic though, am I the only one who thinks Laiho is seriously over-rated?
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Quote by Wretched_Spawn

Off topic though, am I the only one who thinks Laiho is seriously over-rated?

No you are prob not.

I personally think he is one of the better guitarist out right now. Is he one of the best? No. But I love his style and the **** he comes up with...he is very talented. Even my 60 year old dad and step mom think he is a great guitarist. My step mom loves CoB.

Why do you consider him over-rated?

To the TS - a lot of the rythms off of Are You Dead Yet aren't that hard...really none of ther rytms I think are that hard...its the solos and little lead licks that'll get ya.
Last edited by srob7001 at Aug 18, 2009,
Everyone seems to worship him, I mean, yeah, he's pretty good but doesn't deserve all the attention he gets
Quote by craig-sansum

Quote by Sanitarium91
I think he deserves all the credit in the world, as any guitarist who sells there music should.

You gotta think back to 2000 or earlier when CoB was just forming, they had a really different sound and actually had solos, which was pretty much unheard of at that time. Every member in that band has some serious talent...all of them. Now they have like 6 studio cd's and are doing great.

So why shouldn't he and his band deserve all the attention they get? Not saying he is the greatest guitarist ever, but he is very talented. He writes some of the sickest riffs I've ever heard in that style of music...whatever type of metal people are calling it these days.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
They deserve the attention I suppose but I feel like he gets too much hype and too much of the spotlight in the band, I mean Janne Warman is awesome but he's never talked about as much as Laiho

And I'll always think of CoB as melodic BM
Quote by craig-sansum

Quote by Sanitarium91
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
They deserve the attention I suppose but I feel like he gets too much hype and too much of the spotlight in the band, I mean Janne Warman is awesome but he's never talked about as much as Laiho

And I'll always think of CoB as melodic BM

You are right, he does get more attention than the rest of the members, but hey, it happens when you are the lead singer and the lead guitarist.

Melodic DM - I can I guess agree with that, I just consider it all metal, no need to sub catagorize genres of music that are so similar.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ