Hey,

I am reasonably new to the idea of modding my guitar but wanted to get some new pickups.

I have a Jackson Dinky with the original pickups but am wanting to get some EMGs or similar type pickups to change. Thing is i dont have a clue what the difference between EMG - 81's or 60s is, let alone which one goes in the bridge or neck positions!

Help please!! =(
81 in bridge and 60 in neck.

As for replacing the pickups, you need some soldering ability (no need to be good at it, just gotta do it right), and you have to repalce all the pots and the jack. It sounds crazy, but it isn't.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Thanks,

Im not sure what pickups to get tho. I want a nice metal sound with a bluesy touch and crisp clean sound too. Im thinking metallica, megadeth, maiden, gilbert, satriani, knopfler sounds all rolled into one. Lol, any ideas?
Not actives. I'd go for something like a Duncan Full Shred/'59 combo or something along those lines.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.