So what's up with people calling bands like Slayer, and Anthrax thrash bands? They're no where near it. Why can't people recognize the real thrash bands. Death, Overkill, Sepultura, Testament. That's the real stuff. Old Metallica was pretty good, but I hate that poser crap. I wish someone would do something revolutionary and bring the good thrash back. No-one probably even knows those bands I listed above.. Just had to get that stuff out of my mind.
Gear

Jackson DKM2 Dinky, Seymour Duncan Pickups, Jackson Patented FLoyd Rose, Maple Neck
Line6 Spider III, Line6 FBV footboard, BOSS SuperShifter PS-5
Tascam US-122, ZOOM Rythmtrak RT-123, Zoom MRS-4 MultiTrak
Drumsite, Audacity
Who the hell are Sepultura?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Yep, very unknown bands.

Totally blew my mind.

Guess I'll sell my Aggressor and Malfeitor patches now, since that's poser thrash.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
i dont even listen to thrash and ive heard of all of those bands. ive never listened to them, but ive heard of them. quit ur bitching and listen to what u like listening to and let everyone else do the same
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Look up their old music from 1988, not new stuff, it's a good thrash band.
Gear

Jackson DKM2 Dinky, Seymour Duncan Pickups, Jackson Patented FLoyd Rose, Maple Neck
Drumsite, Audacity
omg ur just jealus that ur stupid underground deth and ovrkill and all thos bands noone cars about arnt as good as slayer

SLAYER

\m/
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Exactly my point ^ kid cant even spell trying to make a statement.
Gear

Drumsite, Audacity
just because something is obscure doesn't automatically make it good, and just because something is mainstream doesn't make it bad. you are way too preoccupied with labels. But i guess that's just what makes you so much cooler than everyone else. Have you heard of asdkeoskw they are the coolest band in the world because no one has heard of but me. It's what makes me so much more informed than all you posers.
Quote by xIxLxCDTxxx
Exactly my point ^ kid cant even spell trying to make a statement.

You really are dense, aren't you?
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

Sepultura and Testament are awesome, but I haven't listed to the other two.

I believe Slayer is definitely a thrash band. I can understand the argument about the the other deserving some credit, but I don't believe we should take away from bands like Slayer and Anthrax.

Megadeth is my favorite.
I barely listen to thrash and I've heard of all those bands and know that Slayer and Anthrax are considered the part 'big four' of thrash. If you don't think they are thrash, don't call em thrash

but for the love of god keep you anger off of my internets, it might clog the tubes
^thats probably sarcasm^

Quote by kpatterson14206
Death Metal bands are very simple, little to no vocal schemes, just normal, mono-tone, monotonous growling and an assload of breakdowns.
eugh, yes no one has heard of Death or Testament. Please oh glorious bringer of real thrash grace us with your wisdom.

For the love of god someone close this idiotic thread.
Quote by stephen_rettie
eugh, yes no one has heard of Death or Testament. Please oh glorious bringer of real thrash grace us with your wisdom.

For the love of god someone close this idiotic thread.

+1 to this.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

Quote by xIxLxCDTxxx
So what's up with people calling bands like Slayer, and Anthrax thrash bands? They're no where near it. Why can't people recognize the real thrash bands. Death, Overkill, Sepultura, Testament. That's the real stuff. Old Metallica was pretty good, but I hate that poser crap. I wish someone would do something revolutionary and bring the good thrash back. No-one probably even knows those bands I listed above.. Just had to get that stuff out of my mind.

What?
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by royalewcheese35
just because something is obscure doesn't automatically make it good, and just because something is mainstream doesn't make it bad. you are way too preoccupied with labels. But i guess that's just what makes you so much cooler than everyone else. Have you heard of asdkeoskw they are the coolest band in the world because no one has heard of but me. It's what makes me so much more informed than all you posers.

Where can I download music?

Callin Slayer thrash is like callin Lil Wayne a good guitar player.
Gear

Drumsite, Audacity
Quote by xIxLxCDTxxx
Where can I download music?

Your stupidity amazes me
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by xIxLxCDTxxx

Troll.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I don't trust anyone who decorates their usernames with that amount of x's.

Quote by xIxLxCDTxxx

Could have been written by Barry Manilow.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
Your stupidity amazes me

Nobody's stupidity amazes me anymore, except for my own
^thats probably sarcasm^

Quote by kpatterson14206
Death Metal bands are very simple, little to no vocal schemes, just normal, mono-tone, monotonous growling and an assload of breakdowns.
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
This son of a bitch just turned trolling into art, holy shit.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
triviums not thrash! they have all those brutal breakdowns!
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus