Hello ppl...!!
Before i wrote down my dilemma, heres the info.
My main guitar is an esp m2 with the Parallel Axis Trembucker™ Original PATB-1 for bridge & the Pearly Gates SH-PG1 for neck.
WIth my band we play covers from 70's classic rock to 80-90's hard rock & metal. And our songs are kind of proggresive hr/hm.
I looking for an amp head to use at home for practice & recording through a line6 gearbox for cab sim. For rehearsal recording directly from the head to the console (cab sim again). And for gigs through a cab that will be miced.
I have to say that the budget is low, & that the line out/recording is a needed.
I have come to those 2, the LX120RH from laney & the QUAD 200HD from kustom.
What is your opinion?
Also feel free to suggest other heads if you thing that will be better choises.
Thanx for your time!
sux that nobody helps u out. but i think you can only help out yourself. maybe read the reviews on UG or on HC and you should just try em both out.
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Thank you for posting...!!
I can try the laney at a music store, but i dont have the chance to try out a kustom...
If i choose to get the kustom it will be a "blind-date" .. So i was wondering if someone has one to give me the info regarding the comparison between these 2 alone...
After some new research, i found more options...any info for any of those besides the reviews..?...:

HUGHES&KETTNER ATTAX100 HEAD , RANDALL RX120D , MARSHALL MG100HFX .
You can't run a head without a cab, it'll fry it. Look at the Line 6 Flextone.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by fingerprint
After some new research, i found more options...any info for any of those besides the reviews..?...:

HUGHES&KETTNER ATTAX100 HEAD , RANDALL RX120D , MARSHALL MG100HFX .

NO
Quote by fingerprint
I cant use the line/record out like the line 6 ones?

You CAN NOT use a head without a cab. Heads must have a speaker load, or they WILL fry.

Again, Line 6 Flextone combo.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

..kk people i have read your opinions & did some research too.
I decided to chop off some other expensies and to upgrade my budget, so i ended up with those 2:

RANDALL RX 120 DHS & RANDALL KH-120RHS .

I played yesterday with the first one and i was really liked what ive heard...i say to anyone that is thinking of buying one to do it.
The only question is..is the kirk hammet one better any any terms..?...(the store didnt have one so..). Or is it just the signature one?
Look, I've told you, the SS Randalls aren't very good, and you can't just use a head through a Gearbox, it'll fry it. You need a cab.

See my suggestion again above.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

So what is your extended budget?
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

You don't NEED a line out for recording, you don't even need to spend a lot of money, I'm using a guitar hero mic into audacity.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
I know what you mean. I had made that first post with the idea that i could use the line out of the head for direct recording us with my floor pod. I didnt knew that solid state heads couldnt be used like that. I thought that only the tube ones HAVE to be used with a cab.
I'll use the mic recording.
SS are much more tolerant about it, but it's bad for both.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

So after those posts, im looking for a tube combo at 50 - 100 w around 700 - 850 €. Also the weight is an important thing because there will be movement..!! Any suggestions?
What genres do you play?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
With our band we play covers from 70's classic rock to modern hard rock/metal.
Our songs are like a mix from the above. I think the amp sould have decent clean channel (not crystal clear, cause its not my main need) so that will not get distorded at nigh volumes when is needed. And the drive/gain channels must be able to to go from 70' overdrive to to days hi gain distortion sounds.
I understand that at this price range 400 - 850 €, i cant buy the perfect amp for the above but i have done some research and end up with those :

PEAVEY VALVE KING 112 - Seems a good choise but to heavy to move around.

RANDALL RG-50 TC - From what i've read in differend site's & forum's this one seems my perfect choise. Also the clips at youtube where pretty good.

PEAVEY 6505 PLUS 112 COMBO - I read that this one is more powerfull than the vk, and that is good. But again there is the weight issue.

ENGL THUNDER 50 E322 & ENGL THUNDER 50 E320 - Those are the only ones that i have play/tested.And they sounded strong & clear.

The randall with the Engl seems to be closer to what i need but again any opinions & suggestions are good.
Last edited by fingerprint at Aug 22, 2009,
The Engls are WAYYYY above those others IMO.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

More research and i have to say that im close to make the order. It will be tube for sure, and for the combination of money,watts and the other things that i have in mind i come up with this 2 : MARSHALL DSL401 and the ENGL SCREAMER 50 COMBO E330 .
Im right in the middle, so your opinion might help.
I have to thank everyone that drop by and wrote a suggestion!
I will make the order in about 3-4 days so there is time..
Engl.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75