I know how to string a guitar, but I just put 10's on my strat which has always had 9's. The back side of my bridge is coming up a lot more than it used to, is this because of the thicker strings? Is there something I am supposed to adjust because I put 10's on it. I just got this guitar so it has not been setup, what should I change if anything?
i'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, but when i swapped my 0.10s for 0.11s, my bridge went up. i tightened up the claw that hols the springs and adjusted the screws on top of the tremolo (in front of the saddles). don't forget to adjust your intonation to make up for these changes.

also, if the beck starts to bow, then you'll need to adjust the truss rod. but the move from 0.9s to 0.10s isn't that huge, so you probably won't have to worry.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 17, 2009,
that's because now you got more tension on it.. which is pulling it forward.. you need to adjust.. i think the springs.. personally i'd get it profesionally done. easy that way..
my strat bridge used to come up a lot with just .9s on it, i just took two springs off my brothers old no-name strat knockoff and put them in the back along with the three that were in it already
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
ya u need to adjust the claw which is the thing in the back that connects the strings to the back of the bridge
Quote by AsktheMilkman!
how do i do that?

this may sound complicated, but you're going to have to tighten the screws that hold the claw, with a screwdriver. tricky stuff.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.