Not true, I'm sure most of my friends are more than interested to know that I'm thinking about making a sandwich, but we're out of mustard.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
And so it is further confirmed. Twitter is useless and only attracts self indulgent douchebags.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Pear....you say?

DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by Xiaoxi
And so it is further confirmed. Twitter is useless and only attracts self indulgent douchebags.

this.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
what is the purpose of twitter? i once registered and there isn't much to do :s then i got a mail saying that some person is now following me :s
Pear Analitics. Cool.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Twitter who?
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Quote by Xiaoxi

This, although some douchebag will undoubtedly come in here and argue about this.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by toine
what is the purpose of twitter? i once registered and there isn't much to do :s then i got a mail saying that some person is now following me :s

It's simple. You write updates on what you're doing, or messages from you that you want the public to see. People who "follow" you are people who subscribe to your updates.

But as pointed out by the article, many people who use twitter think others give a shit that they are eating a sandwich for lunch.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
but why bag on twitter i love knowing about useless things when i stalk people
The Pear you say?

Did we really need telling that most Tweets twatted on Twitter are pointless babble? I thought that was the point?

Ah, Twitter, the only place where it would be a good thing to have strangers following you.
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
...more like 99%

Twitter is ****ing stupid

This
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Xiaoxi
It's simple. You write updates on what you're doing, or messages from you that you want the public to see. People who "follow" you are people who subscribe to your updates.

But as pointed out by the article, many people who use twitter think others give a shit that they are eating a sandwich for lunch.

yeah. my family uses mobile twitter just to send updates to each other on where we are for communication's sake. it can be useful. but then there are guys that have hundreds of followers that care about every little detail of life.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Xiaoxi

As opposed to this fine community
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by guitarsftw
yeah. my family uses mobile twitter just to send updates to each other on where we are for communication's sake. it can be useful. but then there are guys that have hundreds of followers that care about every little detail of life.

The only legit use for Twitter is promotion...which means you'd have to be working towards a professional goal and not sitting around eating sandwiches.

Facebook is much more suitable for family networking.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by Xiaoxi
The only legit use for Twitter is promotion.

Facebook is much more suitable for family networking.

yeah, we've discovered that recently. well, my brother and i did, when my mom turned into a twitter d-bag. their worse than zombies.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Venice King
As opposed to this fine community

I never implied this is a fine community.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
*updates Twitter: I am going to post a reply that I don't care about Twitter on the UG to sound cool.*

Good got I still don't understand how people care about what other people do.

*updates Twitter: I just posted a reply, and I just took a big fart also.*
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by Xiaoxi
I never implied this is a fine community.

my point is most things on the internet can be criticized and the pit is filled with just as much garbage

And just for the record I don't use twitter or follow it or anything
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This, although some douchebag will undoubtedly come in here and argue about this.

Well, kinda hard not to, when people who think Twitter is **** have either newer used the service, or did but didn't know how to use it so they had a bad experience with it ergo they think it's ****. And they're completely entitled to their wrong opinion
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Last edited by fantasyh at Aug 17, 2009,
ive never been on twitter but i would like to reply to someone saying 'cool story bro'
Quote by Serg1
ive never been on twitter but i would like to reply to someone saying 'cool story bro'

because it is not done enough?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Venice King
because it is not done enough?

i thought you said you never went on there?
Quote by Venice King
my point is most things on the internet can be criticized and the pit is filled with just as much garbage

Well, if they can be criticized, then can't I criticize?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, if they can be criticized, then can't I criticize?

Well yeah but you realise the irony of it yeah?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I'm fed up of the media's constant fellation of Twitter, as if it actually carried anything of value. I don't care what Stephen Fry had for dinner, or how big his last poo was. If I wished to find out, I'd check his Twitter doohickey, but I do not wish my newspaper to relay this information to me.

And now companies and the arts are doing it too. Twitter opera, Twitter plays, etc. The annoying thing is that I can't escape it unless I decide to stop reading the newspaper or watching the news on TV, because it's all over them.
Quote by Venice King

i can turn on the TV without hearing about UG. that's the difference.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Twitter is about 20 times worse than either facebook or myspace. It's so pointless that I can't possibly think of a good use for it. I'm almost getting mad at myself for getting angry at it, because it's such a mindless self-absorbed event.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."