Ok, so I posted a flyer at the local guitar store for a bassist. The flyer read "highschool garage band looking for a local, committed bassist", then the contact info. Today an 8th grade girl called me on the offer. As much as I wanted to refuse I didn't want to be rude, so I invited her to the next rehersal. So my question is, would it be weird to perform with her on stage, because I'm a senior an I feel like a pedophile.
are you planning on ****ing her on stage?

Edit: seriously if shes a good bassist roll with it, they are hard to come by.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Aug 17, 2009,
Give her the chance, its hard being taken seriously as a female musician with all-guy bands. I jam with guys from freshman in high school to 25ish and I just graduated from high school. I don't age matters in a band situation.
Check it out first. Don't write her off. If she's good, and if she fits well with the rest of the band, give her a second rehersal to prove herself. Make sure she knows it's not a 'for sure' type thing. It's somewhat wierd, but if she's good, then why not?

And actually, I'm 16 and my drummer is 37. It's not weird at all for us cause we get along great and make awesome music together. It just fits.

Listen to my covers here.

"Some even claim that I'm a terror, a dictator and they're right." - Lou Reed

AK-ROWDY
Last edited by musicjunkie207 at Aug 17, 2009,
I would cancel, but not for the reason you're talking about. I haven't heard your band, but my guess is you guys are not very good. Girls just make music worse, so why would you want your band to have a girl in it? If you guys aren't good at music then this isn't a good choice, but if you ARE good at music, this is a double not good choice. I hope my advice helps you out. If I were in your area, I'd play some bass for you.
Quote by Meepus
I would cancel, but not for the reason you're talking about. I haven't heard your band, but my guess is you guys are not very good. Girls just make music worse, so why would you want your band to have a girl in it? If you guys aren't good at music then this isn't a good choice, but if you ARE good at music, this is a double not good choice. I hope my advice helps you out. If I were in your area, I'd play some bass for you.

lol.

just lol. to all of it
Quote by Meepus

What a man. *bows down*
Are you 18 yet? Pound on that!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Meepus

All that Remains has a bassist who is female. There doing quite fine. I say give her a chance.
;} KsE
Give her a shot. The only thing cooler than a chick playing bass is a really big black guy playing bass. But only if he's big. If he's a skinny black guy, the chick is still cooler.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Are you 18 yet? Pound on that!

Depends on the state. In New York for instance, he can be forced to register as a sex offender just for looking at her the wrong way.

Seriuosly, there's like 300 registered sex offenders in my immediate area. About 90% of them are for 'consentual statuatory rape', and were 17-18 at the time. I know this because a friend asked me to look it up when she and her young daughter moved into the area.