hello, ive used UG for a while to look at tabs and whatnot, but just made the account to seek some help... i have a bc rich deluxe warlock...(as well as an ibanez prestige) but right now i had to restring the warlock (the other strings all had come off) the pickup had came out (i put it back in and screwed it down) and now the new strings dont sound right.. they seem to rub the bottom fret, adn this causes a high pitch and scratchy tone, and will not tune properly... how would i go about fixing this issue? adjusting the neck or working with the bridge? my low E is the only remotely fine string, and it isnt touching the frets... thanks for any advice...
make sure the neck heel is screwed all the way into the body (given its a bolt on neck). or else u have to raise the bridge saddles for each string until u can hit an open and fretted note. theres a huge setup thread at the top of this forum section. check that out and if u still have issues then come back.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
¡533-sǝ ʍǝu ¡¡ʎɐɹɹnɥ
¡ʎɐʎ ¡qɯnɥʇ ʎɯ uo uɹoɔ ʎɯ dn ʇ1ınq ʇsoɯ1ɐ ǝʌ,ı

.ʎɐpoʇ ɹɐ1nɔıʇɹɐd os ǝɹɐ ǝ1doǝd ǝɯos .sdɯɐ sıɥ uo ʎɹǝɯobʇuoɯ sǝʍ-
"s,ǝs1ǝ ʎpoqɯos ʍoɹɹoq uɐɔ ı 'xoq ʎɯ doɹp ı ɟı uǝɥʇ .1ɐıɔǝds buıɥʇou puɐʍ ɹǝʌǝu ʇ,uop ı .xoq pɹɐpuɐʇs ɐ ǝʌɐɥ ı"
So you took the neck off? Make sure it is fastened down with the bolts securely but don't overtighten the screws or you'll have a great time getting them out again, You could even strip them by overtightening them.

Also, Check to see if the pickups are too high. They could be pulling your strings down causing them to buzz.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
So you took the neck off? Make sure it is fastened down with the bolts securely but don't overtighten the screws or you'll have a great time getting them out again, You could even strip them by overtightening them.

Also, Check to see if the pickups are too high. They could be pulling your strings down causing them to buzz.

I realise that pickups are magnets...

But pulling the strings down? It can take quite a bit of force to do that.

However, pickups that are too high aren't exactly a good thing.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
I realise that pickups are magnets...

But pulling the strings down? It can take quite a bit of force to do that.

However, pickups that are too high aren't exactly a good thing.

They're not really 'pulling them down' but as you know, the sound is caused by vibrations. These vibrations can be 'disturbed' by the magnetic force field of the pickups.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Only the pit would figure out how to say "I cum blood" in latin.

Bravo good sir