I currently play a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 out of a Peavey Triple XXX 2x12 combo. For some reason when i pick solo's i can hear a plunk everytime i hit a string, its really annoying.

I also have a Schecter Damien and it doesnt do that, so i'm assuming it has to do with the active pickups. Is there a way to not get that sound?

I play lots of metalcore/melodic metal/hardcore, and i'd like to get a better tone. I am decent at the guitar playing part, but the electronics i suck at, lol

Any advice for pedals, sound settings, etc...that would improve my tone would be greatly appreciated.

The only pedal i have right now is a keeley mod MT-2 and i dont really like the sound of it in the combo amp, i usually hook that up to my practice amp.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Damien FR
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Digidesign JamMan
MT-2 Metal Zone (Keeley Twilight Zone Mod)
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Kustom 12A
Moog Etherwave Theremin
Low action? It is unlikely to be from the pickups. Can you bend notes without them "Noting out"?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
hmm are the pickups higher on your hellraiser?.. it might be the volume because when i play at lower volumes i can hear the picking and it usually goes away when i turn the amp louder
lower the presence and treble a bit, or lower the tone on the guitar. or maybe finger pick?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by Gargoyle2500
Low action? It is unlikely to be from the pickups. Can you bend notes without them "Noting out"?

The action is actually really good, no buzzing or noting out.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Damien FR
Digidesign JamMan
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Kustom 12A
Moog Etherwave Theremin
Quote by salbarbz20
metalcore + finger picking would not work well XD

+1
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Damien FR
Digidesign JamMan
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Kustom 12A
Moog Etherwave Theremin
Quote by salbarbz20
metalcore + finger picking would not work well XD

¿ɹǝɟ1douʞ ʞɹɐɯ
if it's what I think ur describing... Try lowering it pickups... I had the problem on one of my dean ml's and when I put the pick ups down a bit no more plucking.... but it may be fret buzz ur description was very unclear....
I have this problem too, I thought it was amp lol, guess not.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Get a "Big Stubby" pick.

They make like no noise when you pick.

Absolute crap for strumming though.
Quote by ironmaiden1313
if it's what I think ur describing... Try lowering it pickups... I had the problem on one of my dean ml's and when I put the pick ups down a bit no more plucking.... but it may be fret buzz ur description was very unclear....

Sorry, its not frett buzz. It sounds like the pick hitting the strings, i can hear it even if i dont actually pluck the string, if just touch the pick to the string it makes an electronic clicky sound, sorta like i'm interrupting the magnetic field or something.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Damien FR
Digidesign JamMan
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Kustom 12A
Moog Etherwave Theremin
Quote by willwelsh816
¿ɹǝɟ1douʞ ʞɹɐɯ

Mark Knopfler is metal!! \m/
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Damien FR
Digidesign JamMan
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Kustom 12A
Moog Etherwave Theremin
Quote by CudOfCow
Sorry, its not frett buzz. It sounds like the pick hitting the strings, i can hear it even if i dont actually pluck the string, if just touch the pick to the string it makes an electronic clicky sound, sorta like i'm interrupting the magnetic field or something.

That's why I am saying lower the pickups.... the fret buzz was my idea if that didn't work....
Quote by ironmaiden1313
That's why I am saying lower the pickups.... the fret buzz was my idea if that didn't work....

I just tried it out, i think we might have a fix here. I turned down the knobs on the guitar to about halfway and that seemed to clean up the sound a bit. Thanks!

Hey if i can ask another question, this guitar has tappable coils, i dont have any idea what that means...the knobs go up and down and change the sound a bit, what exactly is it doing? When would it be useful? I am a pretty decent guitarist, but like i said, i have no idea what the electronics in this thing do.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Damien FR
Digidesign JamMan
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Kustom 12A
Moog Etherwave Theremin
Quote by CudOfCow
I just tried it out, i think we might have a fix here. I turned down the knobs on the guitar to about halfway and that seemed to clean up the sound a bit. Thanks!

Hey if i can ask another question, this guitar has tappable coils, i dont have any idea what that means...the knobs go up and down and change the sound a bit, what exactly is it doing? When would it be useful? I am a pretty decent guitarist, but like i said, i have no idea what the electronics in this thing do.

Coil-tapping means that when you pull the knob up, it switches to singe-coil pickups. Conversely, when the knob is down, the pickups are humbuckers.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Dude, I have the exact same problem. From reading this it could be my bridge pup since it is an AY and is very trebley. Ill lower the pup when I get home tommorow and see if that fix's my problem. I also play at low volume and when I turn it up it goes away a little bit. Could it be from picking to hard?
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Quote by King Turi
Get a "Big Stubby" pick.

They make like no noise when you pick.

Absolute crap for strumming though.

this didn't help me. and i pretty much have the same problem. except my pickups are already pretty low. =/
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
this didn't help me. and i pretty much have the same problem. except my pickups are already pretty low. =/

Hey are you using active pickups too on the Omen6?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Damien FR
Digidesign JamMan
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Kustom 12A
Moog Etherwave Theremin
I think your looking at a dodgy switch.My epi did the same thing,then I oiled the switch.All good now.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.