Page 1 of 2
So, I got a package today. I was very excited to open it up and see not one, but TWO rare Boss pedals, a Boss PS-3 Pitchshifter/Delay and a Boss PN-2 Tremelo/Pan (that's right, the My Bloody Valentine pedal ) I've also got a Boss PS-2 Pitchshifter/Delay on the way from my good friend Deniz.

Mmmm... How Soon is Now

My pedalboard at the moment, going through a complete overhaul. I'm selling a lot of what you see.

My rig.

Sometimes I bi-amp it with my backup head.

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by Mr. Jiggy Fly at Aug 17, 2009,
Oh man! Congrats, Adam! I would love to grab a PN-2 myself. Your rig is expanding exponentially.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Please tell me the Sunn is not your backup..
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Please tell me the Sunn is not your backup..

Sarcasm is a cruel mistress...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Of course it's my backup. Why would I use an old Sunn from the 60s when I've got the Honeytone? I mean, look at the color for godsakes!

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I will post some clips shortly. Any requests for covers or specific pedals?

Thanks!
Mode 7!!!!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Very nice rig Adam! How do you like the PN-2? And since you're going to post clips, can you do a demo of the PN-2, RV-3, and Boss HM-2?
Thanks again everyone! I just loaded a demo of the two new pedals up, under the name "Rig Demo 1." Let me know what you think!

I'll start another demo now. RV-3, HM-2, anything else?

RG, I love the PN-2 even more than I thought I would. Actually more than the PS-3 right now
Sorry to spam the thread, but I must ask: What is λε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ?

HNPD, I want your Sunn, please send it to me.

Good Day.
The TPR (Totally Post-Rock) Brotherhood, comparable to the illuminati in terms of elusiveness. In fact, I might get in trouble for speaking its name.

What's your address? I'll send it now
16 Me- Hey, wait a second...TPR minions are obviously going to ascend (or descend, whatever your preference) onto my house and convert me into one of you! I DONT WANNA FUZZ PEDAL AND 6 DELAYS
Why would not want a fuzz!?

Loaded another demo, this time of the Boss RV-3, HM-2, and Swollen Pickle FUZZ!

Creatively titled Rig Demo 2.

Just realized that the Swollen Pickle's tone did not translate at all well through my comp's built in mic. Sorry!
Last edited by Mr. Jiggy Fly at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by bartdevil_metal
16 Me- Hey, wait a second...TPR minions are obviously going to ascend (or descend, whatever your preference) onto my house and convert me into one of you! I DONT WANNA FUZZ PEDAL AND 6 DELAYS

Loser! Everybody wants a fuzz and 6 delays!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by bartdevil_metal

My rig.

Also π =/= R

Don't question the Pi. Pabst Blue Ribbon sucks "tone".

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Mr. Jiggy Fly
Thanks again everyone! I just loaded a demo of the two new pedals up, under the name "Rig Demo 1." Let me know what you think!

I'll start another demo now. RV-3, HM-2, anything else?

RG, I love the PN-2 even more than I thought I would. Actually more than the PS-3 right now

Sounds awesome! btw, my name's Dan.
i love your rig. do you like the pickle? i was thinking about getting one.
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by Mr. Jiggy Fly
PBR is my fav cheap beer!

Don't be hatin'.

totally there with ya when it comes to cheap beer!
havent found a lot of beer that I like as much as Fuller's, though.

HNPD, TS

what exactly does the Pan do? My guess is it pans the sound from one cab to another in a stereo setup, but I could be wrong...
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
big ups for the shout out. word up a-dawg.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
No probs homeslice.

It is true, I love shoegaze and post-rock. A lot.

Chris, I love the Swollen Pickle. Sounds really fat and the presence is great. Overall awesome fuzz.

The PN-2 is basically an awesome tremelo pedal capable of splitting the signal into two amps, giving it the panning effect. It'll make you dizzy

For those of you wanting to hear the PS-3 in a better demo, I just picked up an M-Audio USB interface and recorded a quick test of Radiohead's Idioteque using the PS-3's mode 7. And it's better quality than my other recordings. Yay!
Hahaha, seriously Adam great rig! It's going to be bigger than mine really soon if you keep going at this rate. You've got a lot of great stuff there...

and the actual skill to back it up

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
AAAHHHH!!!

HAPPY NPD!!!

Adam, in the Radiohead clip in your profile, what the hell are you putting your guitar through?
[besides a looper]

I love it!!
That's the infamous mode 7, brah.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
That's the infamous mode 7, brah.

I'd never actually heard it.

sounds like a tremolo too right?

It sound ****ing brilliant!

I wish my rig was as cool as yours.

Slightly outdated, as I no longer have the Budda and have a Big Muff and Whammy on the board.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Aug 18, 2009,
It's not your rig, it's how you use it, mate.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Yep, simple setups take soooo much less effort. I feel like my rig is too much sometimes, but I love using it. There is a point where it does get ridiculous though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Yea, mine is definitely at the ridiculous point in terms of pedals. My goal is to have 2 dedicated delays (an analog and a digital), a looper, some nice gain textures, some funky effects (like the PN-2 and PS-2 and 3) and maybe some modulation (just chorus pretty much). Other than that, I don't really need anything else.

Something like this:
Akai Headrush E2 Looper
Boss PS-3 Pitchshifter/ Delay
Boss PS-2 Pitchshifter/ Delay
Boss PN-2 Tremelo/ Pan
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
Devi Ever Rocket or Dwarfcraft Great Destroyer
Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
Electro Harmonix Cathedral
Fulltone Choralflange (Maybe, not sure yet. Possibly Line6 MM-4)
Morley Little Alligator Volume
ProCo Rat II (Modified)
TC Electronics Nova Delay or other quality digital delay
Last edited by Mr. Jiggy Fly at Aug 18, 2009,
Can you get the MBV tremolo tones from other pedals, or is the PN-2 pretty unique? Ive never actually heard it before.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I'm sure you could get something similar, but I've played a lot of tremelo pedals and this one really is unique. I have a hard time putting my finger on why. It's definitely warmer and more musical sounding than the TR-2, and it does not have the volume drop. I would say the only other tremelo pedal that I've really liked as much as this one is possibly the Outlaw Supply Bluebird.
Page 1 of 2