i always want to play fusion, but i don't know how to, what are some stuff to study 4 fusion?
I say start out with Frank Gambale. If you are able to, get a hold of one of his instructional videos. If not, youtube has a lot of them anyway. Try to get his album called "Passages".
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
if you really want to play "fusion"..which has many different meanings to people...get a firm base with blues progressions in all keys...and its many variations...then jazz theory and practice...this should keep you busy for several years...at that time "fusion" will have a new definition but you will be prepared for it...well..kind of..

check out john mclaughlins "five piece band"...a view of what is possible in the "fusion" realm by some of the best musicians..

play well

wolf
Master the genres you want to 'fusion'. This means you should study jazz, rock, funk etc.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
Quote by stonEagle0000
i always want to play fusion, but i don't know how to, what are some stuff to study 4 fusion?

Learn some "fusion" music by an artist that inspires you.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Aug 18, 2009,