The tone will come mostly from the guitar rather than the strings. The two main competitors (though there are many more string makers) are D'addario and Savarez.

You'll have to decide what line of strings you want by these chaps and once you do that, decide on the tension. There's low, medium and high.

I use Savarez Alliance MT or HT. Medium or High tension.
eh, his guitar's tone is very generic and nothing special to me
d'addario pro arte composites seem not to have that plastic feeling most nylon strings have
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Aye, the guitar tone isn't really that special at all. Though most videos on youtube of amateur guitarists don't really capture the sound properly. You have to be in the room with the classical guitar to understand how it can really sound.
The strings won't give you the tone so much as your fingers when it comes to classical guitar.

It's a combination of flesh and nail that gives you a sound like that, strings will make a difference to your tone but not as much as your technique in Classical guitar. Playing closer to the sound hole and exercising proper technique will give you that tone You're looking for.

Personally, I use D'Addario high tension strings for my classical guitar but I prefer high tension strings, I feel like I have more control over them.
Quote by Regensgeliebte
eh, his guitar's tone is very generic and nothing special to me
d'addario pro arte composites seem not to have that plastic feeling most nylon strings have

This
A guitar store is one way I can help you with your hobby/passion of classical guitar. I have partnered with Musiciansfriend.com to bring a great selection of reasonably priced, quality instruments...everything you'd expect...right? Right!

The reason I've chosen Musiciansfriend.com for my guitar store is because of their long-term commitment to supplying excellent service to their online customers over the years.

Indeed, they have become THE largest online dealer of musical instruments and music gear online. That's something you just DON'T fluke.

I've arranged this guitar store in an alphabetical manner. It has nothing to do with quality of instrument. I'm sure you're quite capable of knowing your own tastes and desires! I just want to make your search that more comfortable.

So, browse through this guitar store and relax in the knowledge that you're getting quality products from an excellent and SAFE merchant who has an ethos of great service.