I've got a squier tele that I'm repairing/modding. The body looks like this

But what I want is to have just one humbucker (or even P90) like this

Or this (but without the neck pickup)

So a few questions, first of all I'm guessing nether a humbucker or P90 will fit in the bridge pickup cavity without making it bigger? Is it just a case of going at it with a chisel?
Does anyone know where I can find measurements for a humbucker or P90 so I know how much bigger I need to make the cavity?
Any idea on where I can find a tele custom/deluxe pickguard (black) with just 1 humbucker or P90 cut out?
Or would it be easier to just buy a blank pickguard sheet and cut it myself? (What do you use to cut them?)
Thanks
Heres a template for routing a p-90

and go HERE for a pickguard. I don't know if they have it but they have everything else I've ever looked for. If they don't have it then order some blank material from warmoth.

If you want a Humbucker get it HERE
Last edited by yanko693 at Aug 17, 2009,
You would use a router to enlarge the cavity. I'm not sure about measurements, but my instinct would tell me that it you might be able to just square off the pre-existing route. I'd get a pickup and measure it to make sure, though.

Are you doing anything else to the guitar? That's a really nice grain on the body there, maybe you should consider a natural or transparent finish.

EDIT: Why don't you just leave the neck pickup in there? If you don't, you'll have to fill the cavity.
Last edited by rootbeerjuice at Aug 17, 2009,
Sorry should have said I'm in UK.
That's not my body, just a picture I found on google.
As for neck cavity, I was either just going to cover it over with the pickguard or fill it with woodfiller