What would be a good set of pickups that offer the sound of an emg, but with much better cleans, like a strat (without having to split the humbbuckers)
Emgs have an amazing clean tone... use the 85 and 81 classic combo. I forget which has the "better" clean tone.

Edit: Get a telecaster with EMGs yea. That'll destroy. Both Dirty and Clean channels.
Last edited by mtgold83 at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by mtgold83
Emgs have an amazing clean tone... use the 85 and 81 classic combo. I forget which has the "better" clean tone.

This.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by mtgold83

Edit: Get a telecaster with EMGs yea. That'll destroy. Both Dirty and Clean channels.

lolwut to that, unless their is something I'm missing cause emgs sound horrible on a clean channel.
if you're using humbuckers, the hot rodded set by seymour duncan (JB/Jazz) or a set of '59s. if you're using single coils, lace sensors are great. i also recommend fender noiseless sets, both the regular and the hot set.

WAIT... what amp are you using?

EDIT: Nvrmnd... forget pickups. get a new amp. no matter what pickups you're using, it's going to sounds bad on a frontman.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by teethdude
lolwut to that, unless their is something I'm missing cause emgs sound horrible on a clean channel.

Listen to the song time consumer by coheed and cambria. Thats all EMG 85s bro. =/ In my opinion that tone is beautiful just beautiful.
Quote by Jhachey22
if you're using humbuckers, the hot rodded set by seymour duncan (JB/Jazz) or a set of '59s. if you're using single coils, lace sensors are great. i also recommend fender noiseless sets, both the regular and the hot set.

WAIT... what amp are you using?

EDIT: Nvrmnd... forget pickups. get a new amp. no matter what pickups you're using, it's going to sounds bad on a frontman.

No, I've upgraded quite a bit haven't updated that. I have a peavey JSX combo 212, sound great and everything.
Quote by mtgold83
Listen to the song time consumer by coheed and cambria. Thats all EMG 85s bro. =/ In my opinion that tone is beautiful just beautiful.

Oh, yeah whenever I play clean I use the neck 85 which sounds alright but not really great, and could be a lot better.
Quote by teethdude
No, I've upgraded quite a bit haven't updated that. I have a peavey JSX combo 212, sound great and everything.

ok, good. you should update your page

then i stick by my suggestions. i've heard some other names being tossed around this forum. check out Bareknuckle pickups, they have a really good rep around these parts.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Are you using a proper scooped EQ?
What amp are you using? whats the build of the guitar? etc.?
Quote by mtgold83
Are you using a proper scooped EQ?
What amp are you using? whats the build of the guitar? etc.?

Peavey JSX combo, jackson dkmg 81(b)/85(n), basically I'm trying to get a tone similar to what opeth have where they have great disorted and clean tone. I do realize they are using PRS guitars but I was wondering if there was another way to get good tone like that without buying a PRS.
Bare Knuckles Miracle Man
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.