-Boss DD-20
-EHX deluxe memory man
-Ibanez Tubescreamer
-Visual sound Jekyll and hyde ultimate overdrive
-digitech whammy
-MXR dynacomp
-boss tu-2 tuner
-vox wah pedal

What order would you put these in if these were your pedals?

thanks in advance!
August 21, 2006 - Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Rose Garden
the great thing about pedals is that there is no real order. if you want the usual order people put their effects:
tuner-whammy-volume-wah-OD/dist-compressor-modulation-delay

you can mix this up, like if you want to distort your delay repeats, put the delay before the OD. if you want to smooth out everything, put the compressor at the end of the chain. i would recommend against putting your compressor first, because it removes your dynamics (pick attack, fret pressure, etc). always put it after your distortions, which are affected by your playing dynamics.

EDIT: didn't see the whammy on the list.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 17, 2009,
tuner-> wah/whammy -> OD/dist ->comp->amp ->fxloop ->chorus/trem/delay/time fx -> volume pedal -> power amp

and an EQ can run anywhere

EDIT: volume can run anywhere - i put mine after the pre-amp but it can go anywhere - normally before the tuner though :p
also the comp is now in
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last edited by doive at Aug 17, 2009,
One of the main things I wanted to know was where to put the whammy pedal in the chain
August 21, 2006 - Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Rose Garden
Quote by RHCP=w=
One of the main things I wanted to know was where to put the whammy pedal in the chain

i'd put it first, since the point of the pedal is to shift the pitch of your guitar. a chorus, delay or od sounds very weird and unmusical an octave up
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.