Alright, so I'm finally able to upgrade from my Epiphone SG-Special (the $170 one). I play metalcore mainly and I was told that ESP was the best brand to go with (though I heard a lot of Ibanez and a few Schecter recommendations). So I'm hoping you guys can help me. I've been looking at guitars for too long (over a month) and I'm getting so sick and tired of it.

I'm looking for these aspects in the guitar mainly:
EMG 81(b)/85(n) Combo
Set-in or Neck-thru construction
String-thru body
Thin neck

And of course, it can't look like a piece of crap lol. I would like to keep it $700 or under, but I can stretch to $750 if it's really that good. I know I said ESP, but if you feel something is better go ahead and suggest it.

I play through a Line 6 Spider III combo. I know about 99.9% of everyone on these forums hates it, but I love it.
Suggestion: Don't buy good pickups until you have a good amp.

Anyway,
LTD 600 series
Ibanez S series (the one for 650 on MF, I don't know the model)
Jackson RR3

Schecters have uberr thick necks, so you don't want one of them..
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by TheBigProjekt
Suggestion: Don't buy good pickups until you have a good amp.

Anyway,
LTD 600 series
Ibanez S series (the one for 650 on MF, I don't know the model)
Jackson RR3

Schecters have uberr thick necks, so you don't want one of them..

no. they have a neck that varies quite a bit. The Hellraiser is just a slight bit thinner than a Strat (in my experience), whereas the Classic Series tends to be thicker than say a Wizard II, but not as thick as a Hellraiser.

I would recommend http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/LTD-VIPER-400-Olympic-White-wEMG-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P1706C429.aspx

or

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/LTD-DELUXE-SERIES-Viper-1000-See-Thru-Black-wEMGs-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P1644C428.aspx
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
If your looking to upgrade to get a better tone then look else where, with your spider it won't be much difference, better off taking that money and buying a nice tube amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Although I feel that you should upgrade your amp, I'd like to recommend a couple guitars as well. There's an Ibanez that has everything you want, and it's about $800 new I think, look for it on ebay. It's the RGT6EXFX. Also, LTD's are good to consider.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by JoePerry4life
If your looking to upgrade to get a better tone then look else where, with your spider it won't be much difference, better off taking that money and buying a nice tube amp.

i support this post
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Nobody mentioned Jackson to you??

Check out the DKMG- it doesn't have a set neck or neck thru- but its an overall great instrument, and don't count out the RG series either- as for ESP LTD- try out the M-1000- its similar to the Dinky, but its nasty in its own right
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
The man asked for a guitar, not an amp. Now, I've never played an ESP/LTD (though I've had the chance), but considering that they have relatively thin neck I recommend:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-VIPER401-ELECTRIC-GUITAR?sku=520110

It's already been recommended in this topic. Although, I think that's a typo in the scale length. I've never heard of a 25.75" scale, let alone on a (sort of) SG clone.
Quote by TheLetheProject
The man asked for a guitar, not an amp.

Thank you.

I guess I should have mentioned this (though I thought I covered it with "string-thru body"). Please, no guitars with that double locking tremolo/locking nut crap. I think it will just be a waste of time for me.

Rain Lancer, that thing is way too expensive for me, but nice nonetheless.
Quote by TheLetheProject
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-VIPER401-ELECTRIC-GUITAR?sku=520110

It's already been recommended in this topic. Although, I think that's a typo in the scale length. I've never heard of a 25.75" scale, let alone on a (sort of) SG clone.

i saw that too... i was wondering, but figured it was a typo. i've seen a few typos on musiciansfriend (wrong fret numbers, wood types, scale length too) so since the rest of the LTD's are 24.75" my guess is thats what they meant. would be kind of cool if it really were 25.75" though... like a half baritone haha perfect for a whole step down.

anyway, i like that one, or the RGA series from ibanez. they're great guitars, but not neck through OR string through. haha kind of off topic i guess, but they are seriously comfortable. the neck joint is great, so that never bothered me on mine, and the string through thing was never much of an issue. just something to check out if you hadn't already
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I duno much about the exchange rate at the moment as im in the UK but honestly ESP and LTD are so overrated your paying a hell of alot for something you can get cheaper with other brands.

Look into Ibanez Prestige range though they are pretty damn awesome for the cash and occassionally go very cheap, or Edwards off Ebay which is an ESP for about half the price. look up Meester Sparkle on Ebay he has loadsa decent deals on Jacksons, Ibanez and Edwards and gets them shipped to you in super quick time
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
You should definately check out some Jacksons. I have a DKMG and a RR3 and theyre great for playing metal/metalcore (I hate subgenres lol)
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
If you really don't want a new amp, then don't get a guitar with active pickups (such as EMGs). The two really don't mix at all.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
regardless of what you buy, it's going to sound like **** on a Spider III. Especially if you get active pickups. Active pickups already sound bad enough with solid state amps, but they do even worse with solid state MODELLING amps.
I use a Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX and I love it. It uses Seymour Duncan active Blackouts which imo are superior to EMG's.
I use a Spider III 150Watt amp as well.
See if you like the sound on these videos of mine.
http://www.youtube.com/user/insanityaditya

I am not a fan of ESP/LTD. The necks, imo, are too rough and feel weird. The Schecter necks are kickass, for me at least
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']regardless of what you buy, it's going to sound like **** on a Spider III. Especially if you get active pickups. Active pickups already sound bad enough with solid state amps, but they do even worse with solid state MODELLING amps.
i support this post as much as the other one i had supported.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
i support this post as much as the other one i had supported.

I agree with this guy (it will never die)
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I agree with this guy (it will never die)
I also agree with this fine gentleman (never)
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
I also agree with this fine gentleman (never)

what he said ^ (til 60 days do us part )
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']what he said ^ (til 60 days do us part )
this man speaks the truth. (maybe for you, but I'm eternal! )
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
this man speaks the truth. (maybe for you, but I'm eternal! )

He doesn't lie ^ (FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU)
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']He doesn't lie ^ (FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU)
neither does he ^ ( )
Quote by pedromiles101
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I need to stop this
we both need to do this.
Quote by pedromiles101
Aditya_Ram, that's a nice guitar/sound (I watched the AILD cover). I was wondering though, how long does it take to get adjusted to no fret inlays?
No time at all. I got used to it very fast. It still has inlays on the sides of the frets (Or the top of the frets, whatever you want to call it).