Alright, I'm assuming this is the best place for this so...

I was browsing my local craigslist when I came accross this ad:
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/msg/1328371972.html

An Epi Les Paul Custom with a broken headstock for $75, would it be worth it to buy and attempt to fix, or is it a lost cause?

Also If I did get it, how easy would it be to fix, how much would it cost, could someone give me a good walkthrough, etc?
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
wow, will just wood glue hold togther with all of that tension? cool, thanks guys.

yeah I'm considering it, I can atleast attempt to fix it, and if not I could sell the parts.

anymore input is much appreciated.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
wood glue is stronger than wood, so yes, it will if done right.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by DeltaFunk
wow, will just wood glue hold togther with all of that tension? cool, thanks guys.

yeah I'm buying it immediately , I can atleast attempt to fix it, and if not I could sell the parts.

anymore input is much appreciated.

fixed
I wouldn't spend $75 on an epi in perfect condition... but that's just because I hate Epis.

It's not a difficult fix. I would use Titebond original and a couple horizontal dowels for reinforcement. If you check the resource sticky, I think there is a link to a headstock/neck repair tutorial.
Last edited by cedricsmods at Aug 17, 2009,
easily fixable, i know theres a tutorial here somwhere, and $75 for a $600 guitar aint half bad
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
I'd buy that in a heartbeat man.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Someone beat me to it, but follow that video and you'll be fine.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Go for it. looks like it should be an easy fix as it appears to be a clean break.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Allright guys, I'm going for it, thanks for the help.
Rig

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk