Would a set of KRK Rockit 5's be a decent set of economical studio monitors to use with the tonelab le??? Looking for something other than headphones to use once in awhile. I live in an apartment so having something crank is not an option. What can I expect on terms of tone and loudness with the studio monitors?? Compared to say the microcube or other small amplifiers. Thanking you in advance.
Quote by greg232
What can I expect on terms of tone and loudness with the studio monitors?? Compared to say the microcube or other small amplifiers. Thanking you in advance.

I use my Tonelab LE with a keyboard/PA amp monitor thing and the sound is phenomenal. This is how they should be used. Dunno if that helps... I dunno about the particular model you mentioned, but as a rule these are best through PA speakers rather than guitar amps (I used to use my tonelab with a Laney LC15r valve amp but the difference in tone when using it with a keyboard amp is astonishing)

edit: ive just googled those speakers. They dont look particularly nig so maybe wont sound quite as good as the 10" speaker I use, but for what you want to use it for I dont see why it wouldnt sound good..
Last edited by slashs_#1_fan at Aug 17, 2009,