I took my old imitation strat apart, (a Samick, not even made anymore i don't think) and spray painted the body and head stock, now im putting it all back together and when i put my strings on i encountered a problem.
Iv'e only put one on so far, the big E. But it is pulled tight against the 22nd fret. It was never like this before, and now im unhappy

what could be the problem, and what can i do about it?
Hoping i don't get perma-banned

SUIT UP!
Last edited by classrock77 at Aug 17, 2009,
it needs the rest of the strings to pull tension
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
String it up with all strings first so that the tension across the neck is balanced, then adjust truss and intonation.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
ohh. that makes sense ahah thanks.

SUIT UP!
Quote by noisefarmer
did you spray paint the neck cavity?

umm neck cavity? i didnt spray the neck. just the head stock.. ?

SUIT UP!
the hole where the neck is attached to the body. did you paint it?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by classrock77
umm neck cavity? i didnt spray the neck. just the head stock.. ?

did you spray paint the part of the body that the neck sits in, aka the neck pocket? cus you aren't supposed to.
oh crap i kinda did, just maybe with a bit of over spray, but i never intentionallly coated it, it may have drifted on a bit, but it was still mostly black (the original colour)

SUIT UP!
5 out of 6 strings on, the last one bust. its still playing all 22nd fret. holy f*uck what have i done

SUIT UP!
adjust your bridge.

i got a guitar 2nd hand for cheap, because the last guy was to stuipid to raise the bridge, and lower the pickups, well atlleast im damn sure thats why he/she sold it...
(everything above the 12th fret was hitting the neck pup, and the action was low and buzzy..)
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
You probably need to shim the neck. Put a small strip of an old credit card or something similar under the head end of where the neck heel meets the neck pocket.
Quote by cedricsmods
You probably need to shim the neck. Put a small strip of an old credit card or something similar under the head end of where the neck heel meets the neck pocket.

Yeah this might fix you problem.
If not i'd sand the neck out and refit it.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
If a string is sitting on the fret like that, putting all the strings on isn't going to do ****. TS, you probably just ****ed something up when you put it back together. pics would help.