Alright, this thread will not be about anything that is being built or customized but I felt like this is the best place for the thread. Many of us from this forum have probably dealt with Ted at some point in time and its sad to know that he's gone.

Ted passed on August 14, 2009. Kinda crazy how the day before Les Paul died.

Anyway i think this could be a thread for people to share things that they built, or have used to mod other things with his parts.

RIP Ted
wait wait wait....the ted weber with the really good speakers?

dammit, the music world loses 2 good people in two days ....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
http://www.tedweber.com/

here's an epitaph...
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Man, that sucks. RIP
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
man, i hope his family keeps the business alive...

i love his "to do" list though...

he was only like 60 too
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
...well, ****.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
....im going through a mandatory playing of all nine parts of "shine on you crazy diamond"
....same as i did for les...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
That is really sad. He wasn't even old. Just 58. Wow.
Last year when I built a cab, I called to his company to ask about which speaker would best suit my needs. I actually spoke with Ted and we talked about my design and wood choices. That kind of customer service impressed me so much that I bought one of his speakers. I love it.
Quote by cedricsmods
That is really sad. He wasn't even old. Just 58. Wow.
Last year when I built a cab, I called to his company to ask about which speaker would best suit my needs. I actually spoke with Ted and we talked about my design and wood choices. That kind of customer service impressed me so much that I bought one of his speakers. I love it.

I've talked to him directly multiple times, and it always felt like talking to a good friend more than talking to someone who is trying to sell me something. He knew his stuff, and his speakers are second to none in my opinion.
Heard about that elsewhere, has it been officially confirmed?

He had a lung disease, a hardening of the lungs basically, he was on the transplant list but didn't get them in time I guess.

Froma post of his about 2-3 months back it sounds like his son will continue on with the business. Don't know for sure though.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by DLrocket89
Heard about that elsewhere, has it been officially confirmed?

He had a lung disease, a hardening of the lungs basically, he was on the transplant list but didn't get them in time I guess.

Froma post of his about 2-3 months back it sounds like his son will continue on with the business. Don't know for sure though.

Confirmed: http://www.tedweber.com/
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
RIP Ted

Just bought a Mini MASS attenuator this spring after getting my Blackheart. I swear those are probably the best attenuators ever made, and it definately has that homemade feel to it, right down to the shipping box that was stuffed not with packing peanuts or form-fitted styrofoam, but torn up pieces of the local newspaper
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Aug 18, 2009,