I recently got my guitar autographed and I want to know the best way to take care of it. It was autographed on the pickguard with a regular sharpie. I'm afraid of the marker smudging if touched. It was signed in a place that nobody should be able to touch while playing but you never know. Is there something i can coat the pickguard in that can protect it? I thought about clear nail polish but I was told that that might change color over time and look real bad. I could always get a new pickguard but I thought it would be cooler to use as is.
Sorry, I forgot about that part. I got it signed by Paul Reed Smith at a recent PRS event.
Well, you could just take the pickguard off and replace it, framing the pickguard in a picture frame. Honestly, that's what I'd do, but I'm a bit over-protective.
Well you could send it to me, and I'll make sure that you never smear the signature on accident.
Quote by Alex Vik
Well, you could just take the pickguard off and replace it, framing the pickguard in a picture frame. Honestly, that's what I'd do, but I'm a bit over-protective.

That is my first thought, but pickguards are surprisingly expensive and I thought it would look cool to gig with it as is.
at a gig no one will be able to see who signed it..

i would get a new pickguard or make a new one and fram the current one..

but congrats on a badass signature man,he makes amazing guitars
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Thanks, it was pretty cool. To bad I handed him a strat to sign.

I think I will just get a new pickguard. It isn't worth the fuss to carry it around as is. The one I have is kinda dinged up from being hit by stuff anyways.