Would anyone care to crit my song (Called Alt-Metal song) on my profile? any help on how I could improve would be great! I'm planning on recording vocals but don't have any lyrics that fit the song (My lyrics tend to be long, poetic epic metal type stuff).

post a link and I'll crit back.

Thanks!
cool song man. the intro was sweet, but it almost sounded like it was clipping or something. maybe that was just the helicopter spaceship type effect you had going, but it was unsetlling. the start made me jump. maybe a fade in would be better for that part. i like at 155 when the distortion kicks in. the music and playing sounds good. with lyrics and a decent singer this would be a great song. nice job!

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183852
Thanks for the crit! My recording equipment is not the greatest, but I'll try a fade in when I re-mix it with the vocal track.

On your song: Really great! Good voice and the song flows really well. If you mkae a CD I'd pick it up!
Whoa, psychedelic When the drums come in, it almost seems like the guitar is playing independently of them -- is that intentional?

That is one gnarly distorted guitar sound! It almost sounds like you're putting the signal through multiple distortion effects or something. You've definitely created an oppressive atmosphere.

This song has a really unproduced and almost atonal sound. I assume that's what you're going for? I'm not entirely sure what style you're going for, so it's hard to give too much detailed feedback.
Want to know how Bob Dylan, R.E.M., Pink Floyd, Metallica, Mastodon, Opeth, Emperor, Meshuggah (and many more) make music?
Check out my songwriting quotes page: http://miketuritzin.com/songwriting/
Whoa, psychedelic When the drums come in, it almost seems like the guitar is playing independently of them -- is that intentional?

That is one gnarly distorted guitar sound! It almost sounds like you're putting the signal through multiple distortion effects or something. You've definitely created an oppressive atmosphere.

This song has a really unproduced and almost atonal sound. I assume that's what you're going for? I'm not entirely sure what style you're going for, so it's hard to give too much detailed feedback.

I sat down planning to record a heavy, fast metalcore song which is not what turned out. I tried to make the the drums more of an ambient back beat rather than having them keep the rhythem, which is why their minimal during the verse. I think the distorted sound comes from the fact that I'm running a BOSS DS-1 into a Pocket POD and turning the volume down on the POD I like the gritty sound it makes. I was going for an unpolished sound so I'm glad it turned out that way, as for the style I'd call alternative rock influenced metal but it's not really that metal sounding so it's just whatever it is.
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Aug 18, 2009,
I just uploaded a newer mix of the song, (Alt metal song 2) that's the version I'm going to record vocals for. It's EQ'ed a bit better (The Bass isn't so loud, and it's cut better)
Wow this is so trippy...

I really like the atomosphere of the song. It's all just kinda hectic and chaotic, I like it. The drums are really good. The guitar did sound a bit out of tune though. I think if there were some vocals this would be a lot better too. Not even lyrics necessarily...

Thanks for the crit.
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
Thanks! I was going to record vocals but I need a good microphone which I don't have at the moment.
Thanks for the crit! and to GuyWithOneEye the guitar is tuned to Drop C (CGCFAD) so that's why it might have sounded out of tune.