Did anybody here get a chance to go see the movie? I think it's only playing in LA and NYC, but I took a train down the other day and caught it in Manhattan with my girlfriend. Absolutely amazing movie. Just wondering what other guitarists (HA other guitarists, this is the pit...) thought about it. My favorite part was whenever Jimmy Page played something and Jack/The Edge's eyes lit up like little kids on Christmas. So awesome.

Sidenote: was that Jack's son? I can't imagine it wouldn't be, but he is a strange fellow.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Another sidenote: Did you ever call that Chinese food place?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I didn't even know it was out now

I really didn't understand how they could make an entire movie of three guys sitting around talking and playing guitar.
Quote by Karvid
Another sidenote: Did you ever call that Chinese food place?

HAHAHA oh man totally forgot about that. We've all been home for the last two months, but at our first band meeting I'll be sure to call and order some. Without broadcasting the number online. Ever listen to the finished recordings? www.myspace.com/kakiatpark

On topic: The whole movie isn't just them in the room, that's actually only a VERY small part. Most of it is them individually talking about their past and influences and stuff.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by esp1234
Wow...I just realized they're not showing it in Florida

They're not?

Damn it! I guess I just have to hope it get's released on DVD.
Quote by crazy8rgood
They're not?

Damn it! I guess I just have to hope it get's released on DVD.

Us Floridians are left out
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by JackWhite333
Us Floridians are left out

Aren't we always.

And we got the damn hurricanes, no seasons...

Florida sucks.

/anger
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Aug 17, 2009,
I'm gonna have to see if they have a showing somewhere near DC... I don't feel like going all the way out to NYC for this...
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Don't feel bad, EVERYONE was left out minus NYC and LA. Granted that's like 1/4 of the country's population in those two cities (exaggeration! don't get PC on me!) but yeah. I had to pay $25 for two tickets. So ridiculous. It costs $6/ticket where I go to school upstate.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
HAHAHA oh man totally forgot about that. We've all been home for the last two months, but at our first band meeting I'll be sure to call and order some. Without broadcasting the number online. Ever listen to the finished recordings? www.myspace.com/kakiatpark

On topic: The whole movie isn't just them in the room, that's actually only a VERY small part. Most of it is them individually talking about their past and influences and stuff.

I might get the EP. I love it. Life Inside a Lie brings back memories of all those awesome nights I wasted on stickam.

Edit: On topic: I haven't seen it and it's not out around here from what I know. However, I'd love to watch it.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
^ Go get it on iTunes, or you can PM me to arrange a paypal payment and I'll send you higher quality mp3s than iTunes has.
Quote by codyadamscea
It doesn't come to my area until October. Does anyone know if it will be at the theater just one day or as long as a regular movie?http://www.sonyclassics.com/itmightgetloud/dates.html

It's been in these theaters for three days now, I'm pretty sure it'll be around for a few weeks and/or as long as tickets keep selling.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
^I meant when it goes to other places but if its been in theaters for three three days in New York it probably will run as long as a regular movie does.
Utah's Token Black Guy
just came back from seeing it....amazing movie....truly moving and inspiring
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by Sid McCall
I had to pay $25 for two tickets. So ridiculous..

Where I live in NY, $25 for two tickets is a steal.

Anyway, I'm heading up today to see it in the city. I heard great things about it, and even though I'm completely straight, I unconditonally love Jack White. I also heard that if it does well in the limited release it might be a little bit wider of a release later on.
Didn't see it, but want to very much. Does anyone know when it'll be out in the MA area?

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
I'm hopefully going to see it today, can't wait
Last edited by WoeChicks at Aug 23, 2009,
Has anyone thought of just Googleing a pirated verson?
I mean i find the limited release a stupid idea. it seems good but not worth the money to get to a theater showing it.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
I refuse to see it cause of Jack White. Okay, even Edge I don't agree with, Jimmy Page is a good choice, but Jack White...wtf? He isn't even good. They should have gotten Jimmy Page (70's), Steve Vai (80's) and John Mayer (current, and he's ****ing good, don't say he sucks. The guy can shred, I've seen it) Seriously, really bad choices.
Quote by ToughGuy123
I refuse to see it cause of Jack White. Okay, even Edge I don't agree with, Jimmy Page is a good choice, but Jack White...wtf? He isn't even good. They should have gotten Jimmy Page (70's), Steve Vai (80's) and John Mayer (current, and he's ****ing good, don't say he sucks. The guy can shred, I've seen it) Seriously, really bad choices.

Dude, Jack White's awesome. As is John Mayer. But you can't deny that Jack White knows his way around a ****ing guitar. He also has a sort of unique style.

I mean, watch these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaiBb1rEWY4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03YUgHAshSo

And he's obviously Page-influenced so of course they're gonna have him.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Dude, Jack White's awesome. As is John Mayer. But you can't deny that Jack White knows his way around a ****ing guitar. He also has a sort of unique style.

I mean, watch these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaiBb1rEWY4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03YUgHAshSo

And he's obviously Page-influenced so of course they're gonna have him.
The guys that made it said they wanted the most influential guitarists of each generation meaning current, 80's and the classic rock era, I don't know about you, but I look at John Mayer and say "wow I wish I could play like that" I look at Jack White (including those videos) and say "Thank God I stopped playing like that 2 years ago."
i saw this doc last year at the toronto film fest, i agree its an amazing movie but it doesnt realy accomplish anything it just basicly tells each players life story, still a good movie though
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by ToughGuy123
The guys that made it said they wanted the most influential guitarists of each generation meaning current, 80's and the classic rock era, I don't know about you, but I look at John Mayer and say "wow I wish I could play like that" I look at Jack White (including those videos) and say "Thank God I stopped playing like that 2 years ago."

Mayers good, yeah, no doubt about that, but, the majority of people don't really view him as a guitarist (by "majority of people" I mean the average, non-musician, and some people just starting music), but, when the majority of people look at Jack White, they see him as a guitarist. And it's not like he's not talented, and he's got a unique playing style, where as Mayer basically just copies Hendrix and Vaughn.

Mayer would've been a fine choice, though, I'm not dissing Mayer at all.
Jack White is the best guitarist to show up in DECADES. With enough practice anybody can sound like Clapton or Hendrix or Vai. Sounding unique and creating your own style is way more difficult and has to come from somewhere deeper.
I'm very biased (username), but Jack is my all time favorite guitarist, and he has been highly influential to my playing. I think he was a perfect choice for this film, along with my second favorite player, JP.

Not big on The Edge, though. He sounds like an irish organ grinder.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Is it showing anywhere in Canada?

And I think Mayer would be better than White, but hey, either way it's alright.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by ToughGuy123

I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but that statement is stereotypical of someone with a Protest the Hero avatar. Music is about your own interpratation, and Jack White uses feeling and simplicity. That's what he brings to the table. I reccomend you watch the movie and listen to him talk about where his music comes from. He even shares his favorite song which is a soulful African-American singing with no instruments, just an out of time clap.

Music is about anything you want it to be. For Jack White it isn't about playing fast or making complex works of art. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't make him a bad musician, it just means that it's not your style. For him, it's not about the playing it's about the sound.

I thought the movie was good. It wasn't great, but it was executed to the best of its ability. Basically, the premise seemed lackluster at points, but it was still executed brilliantly. I kind of think that the movie also focused too much on The Edge. Every time he was on screen he explained his quest for "the sound". This was enjoyable, but many scenes with him just kept on rehashing the fact that he is in love with effect pedals. Surprisingly, the movie doesn't spend as much time as one would think during when the three meet. A little bit more than half of the film is just the artists talking about where they came from, what music means to them, and what drives them.

Another concept I enjoyed seeing was how all of the artists shared their writers block moments. Jimmy Page was always worried that he couldn't write songs and that he would never be anything more than a studio musician. The Edge said that the whole routine was boring him. Jack White also said that it was hard to find musicians, something we all face today.

It Might Get Loud: 6.5/10
omfg.. closest theater is a hour and 30 minutes away

they need to realease a dvd already.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
Ressurecting (sp?) old thread...the movie comes out here today, and I'm going to see it. I'm pretty excited for it.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Is it theaters now?

I wanna see it It should inspire me more as a guitarist.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by CobainBohnam
He even shares his favorite song which is a soulful African-American singing with no instruments, just an out of time clap.

Is it Son House? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGBoP70A7Q0 I love that song, prefer this version to the original blind willie johnson one.
Quote by ToughGuy123

cool he can play fast... his songs are written for teenage girls so he can sell his good looks. Id put Jack White in that movie over him any day. I will agree with you on the edge though I found him so boring in the movie he had nothing interesting to contribute.