i bought a vox ad50vt amp from guitar center about a month and half ago. yesterday while playing it, the damn thing started sounding like it had a tremolo effect going on, and then it quit playing altogether. today i tried turning it back on after having let it sit overnight and now the thing wont even power up. i checked the fuse but it is still good. i even tried a new tube for the heck of it and that didnt work (didnt think it would) . anyone ever have this problem before ? i am kind of stuck with this amp since i didnt buy the extended protection plan and it is past the 30 days. any help would be greatly appreciated

mike
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
sssssssssssshiiiiit. uhhhhh well lets see.for the trem thing (if you get it to work again) id check all connections to the speaker(s). wish i could help with the rest but I cant.
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
yeah i tried all new cords, swapped guitars and everything before finally turnging it off to let it cool. none of that had helped, and now it doesnt want to even turn on. i think i found a new paper weight ... i am just gonna buy another amp and not even mess with this one

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
from the sound of it i feel ur power circuit's gone (transistor prob).. u should go have it checked out at a proper repair store.. but hey, whatever u do, be physically present with seedy repair shops, otherwise they'll just replace everything inside with cheap local stuff..
Quote by MYLILSS
i bought a vox ad50vt amp from guitar center about a month and half ago. yesterday while playing it, the damn thing started sounding like it had a tremolo effect going on, and then it quit playing altogether. today i tried turning it back on after having let it sit overnight and now the thing wont even power up. i checked the fuse but it is still good. i even tried a new tube for the heck of it and that didnt work (didnt think it would) . anyone ever have this problem before ? i am kind of stuck with this amp since i didnt buy the extended protection plan and it is past the 30 days. any help would be greatly appreciated

mike

are you sure the tremolo effect isnt on?? Did you press the bypass button...is the LED next to it glowing???

Sorry to state the obvious but you never know!!
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
i am positive the tremolo effect isnt on. i dont like the effects on the amp. i always use it in manual mode with the effects bypassed. the tremolo effect thing doesnt explain why the amp just died though ....

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Quote by MYLILSS

mike

Mike, we just repaired an AC30CC2 VOX that had a similar description to the problem, it turned out to be a bad soldered connection inside and our amp tech found it, fixed it, customer has been happy as a clam since. It could be that, beyond that it's anyone's guess and yes you would have issues with getting some assistance from GC as this line has since been discontinued in favour of the new VT series

<--- Has an AD30VT-XL from the previous line, so they're great amps, but I'd say have someone check all the connections etc, even if it's $50. BTW how does corporate guitar center handle warranty? Our store has our amp tech fix the warranty issues free of charge to the customer, and the company in question then replaces parts/compensates him for his time.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
I know this thread is old and as I am new to the forum am trying to not get banned for bumping an old thread. So I am wondering if MYLILSS ever found out what the issue was?

Here is my story - VOX AD50VT ( has a single 12AX7 and SS hybrid ) has a problem where there is a tremolo kind of effect going on. This is the case with both channels, on manual mode, on bypass, on any effect or amp setting. It is always there. The sound kind of warbles in and out and is best described as slow, permanent tremolo. It is very obvious when letting a chord ring out. The problem gets more dramatic with turning the gain knob up. You can kind of make it go away by turning the gain all the way down and compensating with more volume and master. So far I have swapped the tube, reset the factory default, cleaned the switches and pots with electronic cleaner, and still the problem remains.

In my limited experience it seems that this may be a result of a failing component like an electrolytic cap - I work with instrumentation and we experienced a certain build lot of power supplies with defective caps which would cause the output to modulate. I would suggest that what happened to MYLILSS with it starting this problem then quitting entirely indicates exactly that - an open or opening capacitor.

I know, some of you are probably thinking "why don't you just look at the caps then"? I will but it is always very helpful to start a troubleshoot with some guidance based on other's findings for a similar problem. So....any suggestions? Thanks.