If I'm playing:

---------------
-----------------
-7--7--2--4--5-
-7--7--2--4--5
-5--5--0--2--3
------------------

For the power chord third chord:

I'm unsure on the fingering. I guess it makes sense to try to keep the same structure as the other chords.

I play the chords with three fingers, any recommendations on the second chord? I was thinking of using the ring finger and pinky finger on the G and D strings, and using my ring finger to mute the E string (low sounding E).

How would you guys play this chord in this sequence?
I'd just barre the D and G strings with my index finger, and allow the open A to ring. I'd imagine it's the most efficient fingering give then next chord in the sequence.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Prophet of Page
I'd just barre the D and G strings with my index finger, and allow the open A to ring. I'd imagine it's the most efficient fingering give then next chord in the sequence.

That makes a huge amount of sense! Thanks.
what PoP said ... i barre my finger across the to notes but anotherway to do it is Index finger 2nd fret d middle finger 2nd fret g...
you could barre the G and D with your index finger and wrap around your thumb over the top of the neck to mute the low E. (thats if your hand is big enough). thats what i do most of the time with that chord
When I play power chords I would use my index finger for the first note and then my ring finger and pinky fingers for the other two notes so if I was to play the second chord in that tab I would take my index finger off the fretboard and just play those two notes my my ring and pinky fingers
Maybe I'm weird but when I play that chord I use my index and middle fingers each holdinf down a string
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
I just move up the same fingers that hold the same strings so I avoid screwing up the transition. So I hold it with my ring and pinky. Kinda strange I guess. My pinky's started to hurt more lately so I've attempted using my index and middle (till my index hurts again )
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Definitely barre the strings with your ring finger since you are doing that on the other powerchords as well. Just slide your finger down to that position.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
I personally play open rooted powerchords with the 2nd and third fingers, but if I need to be up the fretboard straight after I just barre it with my index finger
Quote by ChadHydro
When I play power chords I would use my index finger for the first note and then my ring finger and pinky fingers for the other two notes so if I was to play the second chord in that tab I would take my index finger off the fretboard and just play those two notes my my ring and pinky fingers

Same here- it makes the most sense to me since you can just slide up to the fourth fret with your ring and pinky fingers and lay down your index on the 2nd fret for the next chord.