Page 1 of 2
hey guys

ive been searching for a while, and ive found the two guitar i would like to buy,

Guitar A)

DBZ Venom since i saw this guitar i fell in love with it, this is Dean Zelinskys new company so quality is assured , although this picture is of a USA model i would love to get this as an imported model retail price: about £900

Guitar B) <--- but in black

Jackson KV5- ive always loved Jackson King V shape, and this is their mid range model , neck through, ive played some import Jacksons and they felt bit ''rough'' and the neck was like HUGGEEE this scares me abit . Retail price: not the fondest clue ...
i think the DBZ is ugly as hell

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I think both kinda suck, alot

EDIT: The Jackson would be alot better with a different finish
Current Gear
Ibanez Prestige S2170SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Blackface Head
Soldano 4x12 Slant Cab w/ Eminence Speakers
MXR ZW-44

Want List:
ISP Decimator
Nova Repeater
Maxon OD808
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
Quote by drCoSmO1
I think both kinda suck, alot

EDIT: The Jackson would be alot better with a different finish

Says the guy with a Syn Custom I kid I kid, IMO I'd go with the jackson. Thats my 2 cents
ohh if you havent realised yet i play metalcore-ish stuff and death metal...
I don't like V's that much, but that DBZ is NOT ugly as hell....that is one fine piece of craftmanship!
I feel bad now haha, i apologize for not reading it right. And to metalcorefan, I'm selling it, I dislike having it very much haha
Current Gear
Ibanez Prestige S2170SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Blackface Head
Soldano 4x12 Slant Cab w/ Eminence Speakers
MXR ZW-44

Want List:
ISP Decimator
Nova Repeater
Maxon OD808
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
I think the Venom is sweet...and you don't see many people with DBZ's
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
i think the DBZ looks pretty cool and diffrent and DBZs are supposed to be REALLY good so i would go with that
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Quote by drCoSmO1
I feel bad now haha, i apologize for not reading it right. And to metalcorefan, I'm selling it, I dislike having it very much haha

Ahah no worries, I didn't mean to come off as a douche
the king v is an extremely good guitar and a very thin but solid neck... jackson does it right
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
I'd get the KV5. I wanna try that guitar sometime... does anyone know if it has the standard profile or the speed profile they put on the KV2's? oh, and if you do get the KV5, please don't get it in bloted steel. I have a Bloted Steel USA Solist, and I'm torqued that it's no longer a USA exclusive finish
I think the dbz would be better
Quote by LuckyBoys91
+ ****ing 1

i've got a point

Quote by Pr0gNut
No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.

TSHM.
DBZ's haven't hit the market as far as i know. They look really good, but i'm waiting till they get some reviews (and till i get the money ).

Both guitars look really good. I would personally go with the DBZ Venom, or another DBZ guitar like the Cavallo, BoP, or Bolero. But it is up to you.

The only thing i don't like about the Premire Venom is that it has an Alder body instead of Mahogany, which i guess isn't that bad. The nice thing is 1) they shape, 2) the finish, 3) the OFR, and 4) the EMG's. If you don't like actives, i think you can get some DBZ customs, which should be really good considering how experienced Dean Z. is.

For finish, i personally like the Splatter color (red and black/grey), but the red is really nice as well.

Good Luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
IMO, MIJ Jackson is better than (im guessing on country of origin) MIK DBZ
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
IMO, MIJ Jackson is better than (im guessing on country of origin) MIK DBZ

Premiere: China

Infinity: Japan

USA: you guessed it

I think TS is referring to the Premiere. But i'm confident that Dean Z. has made sure ALL the guitars are up to par. But time will tell.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
Premiere: China

Infinity: Japan

USA: you guessed it

I think TS is referring to the Premiere. But i'm confident that Dean Z. has made sure ALL the guitars are up to par. But time will tell.

ah i see. well i still say jackson. Mainly due to a blind hatred of Ed Roman (Dean Z business partner in DBZ), but also because Jackson's quality is top notch

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

Quote by Metlhead443
ah i see. well i still say jackson. Mainly due to a blind hatred of Ed Roman (Dean Z business partner in DBZ), but also because Jackson's quality is top notch

never really heard of ed roman. i've heard many people hate him, but i'm not going to let him discourage me from getting a DBZ guitar. They look like they will be top notch as well, at least the USA series. They are made in Dean Z.'s custom shop in Chicago.

The only Jackson i have used is the KVX10 which is pretty good, but i hate the bolt-on design; very uncomfortable at higher notes. But the Jackson in question is neck through, so it should be more comfortable. As far as playability, i can't say much. The one i have is built pretty good except for the bolt-on.
--Einstein

--Einstein
A lot of people bitch about the bolt-on design, but in my opinion it doesn't affect me one bit.
The Jackson in that price range is a solid guitar- I've owned its Dinky cousin for over five years without one problem- the DBZ is just trying too hard with those borderline ridiculous looks-

The Japanese King V's retail at around 5-800 bucks.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by Metlhead443

FUCK OFF ... ED ROMAN isnt partners with Dean B Z... Dean said on the forum, witch he actually goes on . the ed roman thing was just roumours .. Deans business partners with Jeff diamont (sp) from diamond amps,

ive played some import jacksons and they were below Par aswell ... my JSKV is horrible but i love the shape...

im fairly sure that ill go with the DBZ

sorry to be an ass but get your facts right before posting please

yes my punctuation and grammers terrable i dont need to be told
Quote by kakos

ive played some import jacksons and they were below Par aswell ... my JSKV is horrible but i love the shape...

Exactly- your JS series King V- the TS is looking into the much higher quality Japanese King V, not the Indian JS series- the middle range and the lower range are worlds apart when it comes to quality

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

I dislike Dean and I hate "V" guitars, but that DBZ is pretty tastey

If there's one thing I've learned from playing guitar, its that you can't go by looks alone. The way I see it, your decision in choosing a guitar should be somthing like this:

Appearance: 20%
Playability: 50%
Tone: 30%

I give playability such a high ranking, because you can alter a guitar's appearance and tone. You really can't alter it playability, atleast not easily

If you can, play both of them, see which one feels the best and get that one
http://www.thomann.de/nl/jackson_kv5fr_king_v_bk.htm /thread

EDIT: to the guy above me. What about specs like tremolo etc.?
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Last edited by Gryphon999 at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by kakos
FUCK OFF ... ED ROMAN isnt partners with Dean B Z... Dean said on the forum, witch he actually goes on . the ed roman thing was just roumours .. Deans business partners with Jeff diamont (sp) from diamond amps,

im fairly sure that ill go with the DBZ

sorry to be an ass but get your facts right before posting please

yes my punctuation and grammers terrable i dont need to be told

Jesus man, who pissed in your coffee this morning?

I had heard about the Ed Roman thing, and it sure as hell looks like one of his weird ass designs, so it wasn't much of a stretch to believe it.

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

Quote by Metlhead443
Jesus man, who pissed in your coffee this morning?

I had heard about the Ed Roman thing, and it sure as hell looks like one of his weird ass designs, so it wasn't much of a stretch to believe it.

sorry man ... ive been looking after my little sister and her 10 yr old friends today ... i guess i just snapped at you ... no hard feeling...
Quote by Gryphon999
http://www.thomann.de/nl/jackson_kv5fr_king_v_bk.htm /thread

EDIT: to the guy above me. What about specs like tremolo etc.?

I would guess that fits into Playability and such. Honestly, I'm not to fond of a tremelo system. I had one and rarely used and it was a pain to re-string and set up. Plus, I found that the tremelo bar always got in my way, but thats probably just me
So TS- all of the votes seem to be tallied- what guitar have you decided on??

Quote by Perp8tualMotion

Quote by Richmanofaction
So TS- all of the votes seem to be tallied- what guitar have you decided on??

My eyes has been set on the DBZ ... but before i get one ill try them both out...

looks wize and by the twos specs ill say DBZ for now ... it might change when i play them
Quote by kakos
My eyes has been set on the DBZ ... but before i get one ill try them both out...

looks wize and by the twos specs ill say DBZ for now ... it might change when i play them

good idea. but it might be awhile b4 you can actually try a DBZ. i heard places like GC aren't even going to get them. Hopefully that isn't true. Only a few online places have them and only for preorder now. But hopefully everything works out.

If i get a DBZ, it will be a USA, but that is a little out of my price range right now.

Let us know how the DBZ plays if you get it!

Good Luck.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
good idea. but it might be awhile b4 you can actually try a DBZ. i heard places like GC aren't even going to get them. Hopefully that isn't true. Only a few online places have them and only for preorder now. But hopefully everything works out.

If i get a DBZ, it will be a USA, but that is a little out of my price range right now.

Let us know how the DBZ plays if you get it!

Good Luck.

thanks man, yeh Dean said hes not gonna deal with GC .. its alright though , because im in the UK .. hopefully ill get a local store to get some in ... if not then ill go PMT on Reverb music
i'd go for the DBZ, it's unique
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
I'd prefer the DBZ any day. Considering Dean's quality blemished like a 15 year olds face in a pot of cooking oil and Dean Z decided to specifically leave the company for that reason, the DBZ's should pack a punch. Plus you'll catch a few glances with a DBZ guitar once they come out.

I've never been much of a Jackson guy. Their quality is good, but there is nothing there pushing me to actually buy one. Plus, I heard the neck of a KV bows in the slightest heat temperature change causing fret buzz in most places, even in the shielded case. Not sure about this though.

Your choice. Have you tried the Jackson? Obviously it will be a good while before you can ever try a DBZ but you can try the Jackson to see if you like it beyond it's pictures, right?
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Have you looked at ESP/LTD V series or the BC Rich Vs?

they have pretty good specs, and they look nice.
DBZ's where supposed to be released last month, but i guess they are running a little behind. Hopefully we see them before the end of the year. But quality comes before anything else and if it takes several more months to ensure to notch quality, then several more months i will wait.
--Einstein

--Einstein
DBZ Guitars all the way bro.
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
dude, honest to God don't listen to people hating on the DBZ. get it, i swear on my life it's the best guitar you will ever play. i just left rubino's, he has a signed one in stock for show when they come out. i got very lucky because jim rubino and dean go back many years and jim's shop was the first to sell his product, so i was blessed with the opportunity to play it (and put it on layaway.) this guitar gave me a warm feeling inside when i plugged it in that i've NEVER felt before with any guitar. the action is flawless, you don't have to try to play it at all. i can't explain how perfectly constructed this guitar is in-and-out, but GO WITH DEAN'S NEW VENOM. take it from an experienced guitar player who fell in love like no other. the one i'm getting has a solid all black finish, i dont know if you came across that one or not, but GET THE DBZ!!!! it's going to be worth more than every penny you put into it. this is a guitar that looks amazing and all, but once you plug it in, you're in a different world. the looks can't say enough about it, you just have to trust our word and once you get to pick one up yourself, you'll know exactly where i'm coming from.
Page 1 of 2