Whats the scale played at the end of Creeping Death by Metallica? I love the sound of it!
I dont actually know but I'm pretty sure that song is in drop C. About all drop C songs are in the key of C or A minor.
I couldnt really tell you, sorry. Sounds sorta like a minor? Dont take my word for it though
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by hansome21
I dont actually know but I'm pretty sure that song is in drop C. About all drop C songs are in the key of C or A minor.

lol are you serious? i believe every single song from metallica in the "kill em all" to "and justice for all" albums was in standard tuning
hmmm seems i mixed it up with St. anger(most the album is in drop C)... jesus, howd i do that?
and after looking at the songs tab, it opens in the key of E, so your probably hearing the relative minor at the end for tension purposes... so C minor or E major.
its actually E phrygian
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
well lets not have a big mode argument started here, but yeah he is playing the phrygrian scale. But I thought that it was seen as more of a spanish sound to it, but it sounds egyptian here. Almost the exact same riff is played at the end of powerslave by Maiden
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
its the E harmonic minor (natural minor with a raised 7th)

E-F#-G-A-B-C-D#

its definitely not E phrygian.
Last edited by MapOfYourHead at Aug 18, 2009,
Theres only 1 song that isnt in normal E tuning in kill em all-and justice for all, it is Thing that should not be, it goes in drop D tuning
Quote by Gessu
Theres only 1 song that isnt in normal E tuning in kill em all-and justice for all, it is Thing that should not be, it goes in drop D tuning

I thought that was Eb standard actually.

Anyways, in response to TS, it's E harmonic minor. E F# G A B C D#
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Thing That Should Not Be is in Eb standard. You can technically play it in drop D, but the fingerings would be weird. I prefer standard tunings.
I will say this once and only once:

The Thing That Should Not Be is in D STANDARD PEOPLE!

The scale at the end of Creeping Death however is E harmonic minor as a few people have said.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Gessu

Wasn't there one in standard D on the 5.98 ep (garage days 1)? Crash Course in Brain Surgery comes to mind. I think its a cover too.
Last edited by mbob at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by hansome21

EDIT - seen your next post haha!
Jackson PDX Demmelition w/ EMG 81/85
Vintage Lemon Drop w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Dean Z Bubinga w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts

Blackstar HT-5 combo
Last edited by Rargh at Aug 19, 2009,