I currently play a lefty Alexi LTD, I am wondering if I should switch to a different company or get another ESP/LTD model. They have a somewhat decent selection, but there are some things I don't like about my guitar. 1 Humbucker just doesn't do it for me, my guitar has a distinctive distortion that I first liked but now feel is if it kinda sounds "washed". I currently play through a Crate Waveflex 65 watt which is surprisingly a pretty damn good solid state combo, I expected less of the amp, it did my guitar a bit more justice than my old combo. The pickup is a ESP LH101, which I am guessing is Non-active. I am not really sure what company to switch for, I am comfortable with "exotic" guitar bodies, and not so much with rounded strat-like bodies. I want something that can generate a larger range of tones, sound a little bit more heavy on the bridge pickup, and a shaped body that can fit on my legs like a V does. What company and or guitar would you suggest? Stick with a different LTD maybe? they don't really produce many other left-handed exotic bodies. I prefer 24 frets, price range would be around $500-$1500, looking for something long lasting that I will really enjoy the sound of, you know. Hard to test a guitar before you buy it when you're left handed, seeing as shops barely sell any left-handed stuff. So I base most information on reviews and such. Thanks for ideas.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by bloodycomfort
I expected less of the amp, it did my guitar a bit more justice than my old combo

You know what will do it even more justice, a new amp.

If the playability of your guitar is fine then an amp will do much more for your sound than a guitar.
I can't really recommend a guitar because I'm not well versed in exotic shaped ones.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
check out the RG1550. i didn't even know they made lefty version, but wow beautiful guitars. if you were looking for EMGs you could switch some in, but i love my passives in a basswood body. hope that helps a little. it's not really an exotic shape, but it's made for metal madness. it is an RG

EDIT: link http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1550M-LeftHanded-Electric-Guitar?sku=501361
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Aug 18, 2009,
im looking at either the ESP LTD EC1000 or the schecter blackjack C-1

im lefty aswell and schecter as your best friend, basicly all their guitars come lefty and it says on the page unlikeESP
Last edited by Archieisted at Aug 18, 2009,
how do you like the Alexi? I'm always looking for new lefties to try.
Lefties Unite!
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
check out the RG1550. i didn't even know they made lefty version, but wow beautiful guitars. if you were looking for EMGs you could switch some in, but i love my passives in a basswood body. hope that helps a little. it's not really an exotic shape, but it's made for metal madness. it is an RG

EDIT: link http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1550M-LeftHanded-Electric-Guitar?sku=501361

I would also recommend this, but maybe try playing one first. Even play a right-handed version just to see if the tone suits you. The RG is my favorite guitar ever, but I think basswood is terrible for any metal other than 80s. Other people will disagree with me on this one, but that's why you should try it out. You may hate it or love it. I find that basswood doesn't have anything special. That's what makes it great. It doesn't have the warmth and fatness of mahogany and it doesn't have the brightness and bite of alder. It has a very small frequency range and it's neutral. It's very direct. I find that basswood is characterized by what it lacks. It's also extremely clean and transparent. That's why it's chosen by a lot of shredders and people who play very technical things. It cuts through extremely well and it's clear as a bell. That model that was recommended is a high quality, pro instrument. The neck is also great along with the fretwork. It comes with a great case. I believe that Prestige Ibanezes offers one of the best price-to-quality ratio of all high end companies. ESP (not LTD) is very close, it may even be better. But I'm an Ibanez man so that's what I recommend you try. I don't even know if ESP makes lefty guitars.