Hey im new to ultimate-guitar,im wondering if anyone can help me out here,I have a B.C. Rich Metal Master Warlock that I bought at Guitar Center used for $100,I played a brand new one that was $300 and compared them,I saw no differences and liked the way it played so I bought the used warlock,im still happy with it but I wanna upgrade soon and get a better guitar,i've done my research but I think some advice would help.I started off liking Dean but none of the guitars were worth the price,wanted to get a razorback DB floyd for 500 but my teacher told me that an ibanez with a floyd for around 300 would smoke it.So I picked up a few ibanez and after playing them for a while I agreed with him so i've been looking at the RG series,I was interested in Ibanez Destroyers because people say that they are good for metal and i've always liked explorers but did'nt want to get an epiphone,so I checked some out and unfortunately they are discontinued,I know they have a reissue for 2009 but it's 700 and my budget is 300-400,I hear people that bought destroyers for 325-375 that aren't around anymore but I doubt that im gonna find one anywhere.I played a jackson dinky,did'nt really like it.I like strats but there for rock and blues,schecters seem pretty basic to me and ESP LTDs aren't bad but I liked my I liked my warlock better than all of them.Should I go with Ibanez? any good guitars for metal around 300-400 that I overlooked? thoughts about Dean Guitars with Floyds?
Stay away from Dean.

I'm an ESP/Ltd man, so I'm gonna say go for an Ltd. Make sure it's a 400 model, or above.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400
Stay away from Dean.

I'm an ESP/Ltd man, so I'm gonna say go for an Ltd. Make sure it's a 400 model, or above.

my price range is 300-400,although I could go used,what do you think of these?

$400-Viper 407 7 string -http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/BCrichMetalMaster/?action=view&current=105236815_lg.jpg

Had a Price drop $320 now-EX351D BLK W/TREADPLATE -http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/BCrichMetalMaster/?action=view&current=104934293_lg.jpg
The Viper 7 string would be better quality.

Do you want a 7 string? If you do, it would be awesome for you.

If not, look for a 6 string.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by Brad__Delp
guitar center sells guitars used too? i never knew that. sweet

yea dude it's awesome,most of the guitars are in great condition,I got my warlock used for 100 nothing wrong with it,they had a new one there for 300.they will take off hundreds of dollars if the guitar has a few scratches on it
Quote by MH400
The Viper 7 string would be better quality.

Do you want a 7 string? If you do, it would be awesome for you.

If not, look for a 6 string.

never tried one,is there any songs that call for a 7-string guitar? I would'nt mind an extra string
Quote by JudasMetallica
never tried one,is there any songs that call for a 7-string guitar? I would'nt mind an extra string

Usually just songs that use drop tunings.
RIP Tom Searle.
Look into Ibanez. Their low-mid range guitars are better than higher range BC Rich/Deans
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Hey,

The new members forum isnt really all that suited to questions about guitars, its usually for new member introductions and for users toask general questions about the site. You will get a couple more good responses if you ask over in the Electric Guitar Forum

Welcome to UG