hi i want to ask, how to practicing song correctly until i can play it fluently, because sometimes i have difficult time in soloing part and just changing to another song. also, how much time should i spend for practicing song in my whole practice schedule ?

thanks for replies.
well take it from me, I'm experienced in this lol. I play for fun, I might join like a cover band and write some songs when I'm out of college, but its a hobby for me. I've played guitar for about 8 years now. What you described is pretty much all I did, except a decent amount of them I could play fluently. I just learned my favorite riff then got bored or a certain part was too hard, so I knew like 100 songs but no song entirely. Only a few months ago I started playing whole songs fluently. I did this by just playing along to the song until I got it right, I repeated some parts like 15 times. I only learn new techniques when required in a song, and practice them in a song. I am a pretty good player now, and can play songs fluently. I suggest just do what you feel like, but for me just play along to your favorite songs that aren't real hard.

If you are really serious, wait for another answer.
Quote by KingJustinian25
well take it from me, I'm experienced in this lol. I play for fun, I might join like a cover band and write some songs when I'm out of college, but its a hobby for me. I've played guitar for about 8 years now. What you described is pretty much all I did, except a decent amount of them I could play fluently. I just learned my favorite riff then got bored or a certain part was too hard, so I knew like 100 songs but no song entirely. Only a few months ago I started playing whole songs fluently. I did this by just playing along to the song until I got it right, I repeated some parts like 15 times. I only learn new techniques when required in a song, and practice them in a song. I am a pretty good player now, and can play songs fluently. I suggest just do what you feel like, but for me just play along to your favorite songs that aren't real hard.

If you are really serious, wait for another answer.

okay i've played guitar for around 2 years until now. because i have little experience in technique, sometimes when i learn it, it just doesnt feel and sound right, maybe because i slow down the part? lol, okay im keep trying
the amount of experience you gain form learning an entire song all the way through is a lot more than just learning a few riffs from a song. if you really want to get better, stop being so wishy washy and really sit down and learn the songs all the way through.
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Don't worry about how long you should practice a song. Practice until you don't want to anymore. The best way to learn a song is to play it all the way through but at a slower tempo with a metronome. For example, if the song is at 120 BPM, maybe you could start learning it at 90 BPM. once you get it down at 90, up the tempo to 95, and so on until you reach the original tempo of the song.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

When you practice a song, spend the majority of the time on the parts that give you the most problems.
You should concentrate on HOW and WHY you play what you are practicing, don't worry so much about what songs you play or if you play the riff or the complete song. Here are a couple of good articles to read about getting the most out of your practice:

http://www.findguitarteachers.com/best-guitar-practice-tips.html

http://www.findguitarteachers.com/what-to-think-about-when-playing-guitar.html