Hey im new to ultimate-guitar,im wondering if anyone can help me out here,I have a B.C. Rich Metal Master Warlock that I bought at Guitar Center used for $100,I played a brand new one that was $300 and compared them,I saw no differences and liked the way it played so I bought the used warlock,im still happy with it but I wanna upgrade soon and get a better guitar,i've done my research but I think some advice would help.I started off liking Dean but none of the guitars were worth the price,wanted to get a razorback DB floyd for 500 but my teacher told me that an ibanez with a floyd for around 300 would smoke it.So I picked up a few ibanez and after playing them for a while I agreed with him so i've been looking at the RG series,I was interested in Ibanez Destroyers because people say that they are good for metal and i've always liked explorers but did'nt want to get an epiphone,so I checked some out and unfortunately they are discontinued,I know they have a reissue for 2009 but it's 700 and my budget is 300-400,I hear people that bought destroyers for 325-375 that aren't around anymore but I doubt that im gonna find one anywhere.I played a jackson dinky,did'nt really like it.I like strats but there for rock and blues,schecters seem pretty basic to me and ESP LTDs aren't bad but I liked my I liked my warlock better than all of them.Should I go with Ibanez? any good guitars for metal around 300-400 that I overlooked? thoughts about Dean Guitars with Floyds?
Quote by dNWaKE
i recommend using paragraphs first

this^

summarizing and not posting the uninportant stuff always helps
that was a b*^&h to get throgh reading
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Dean and BC Rich guitars are kinda garbage unles you go wayy up in price

Look into Ibanez(my preference),ESP,Jackson,Schecter...

can you go used?

and what type of amp are you using?
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Quote by williamdllr
Dean and BC Rich guitars are kinda garbage unles you go wayy up in price

Look into Ibanez(my preference),ESP,Jackson,Schecter...

can you go used?

and what type of amp are you using?

-_- READ WHAT I POSTED
caps lock does not help. as it has been stated you need to use paragraphs and/or summarize so that it is easier to read. I mean, it gave me a headache just trying to get through the first three sentences. I've read it three times and did not see any reference to an amp...?
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
^exactly

instead of being a dick you could have just answered the questions but now you can screw yourself and find you own guitar...

Have a good day
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

i read what you wrote, but seriously... just throw a period in there every once in a while and hit the enter key. i'm not here to critique your grammar, so here's what i think:

you liked the ibanez's, so i say surprise your teacher by getting a nice RG570 or RG550. looking around on ebay there are some awesome deals on 550's. they play amazingly well, and they're all so reliable. just make sure you get one in decent shape. there's one on there now for $550, and a few that you could probably win if you were willing to pay up to $400. thats how much i payed for my 550, and i love it. great guitars.

if thats not for you, you could check out the ibanez destroyer. very cool guitars, but i think they're all fixed bridges.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i read what you wrote, but seriously... just throw a period in there every once in a while and hit the enter key. i'm not here to critique your grammar, so here's what i think:

you liked the ibanez's, so i say surprise your teacher by getting a nice RG570 or RG550. looking around on ebay there are some awesome deals on 550's. they play amazingly well, and they're all so reliable. just make sure you get one in decent shape. there's one on there now for $550, and a few that you could probably win if you were willing to pay up to $400. thats how much i payed for my 550, and i love it. great guitars.

if thats not for you, you could check out the ibanez destroyer. very cool guitars, but i think they're all fixed bridges.

well thankyou for not being a smartass prick like williamdllr.Anyway thanks for the advice i'll look for used RGs to get a better one than the usual RG350DX everyone gets.as for ibanez destroyers i'd love to check some out,I like explorers but I don't want to go epiphone and destroyers are sappose to be good for metal.Since they don't exist anymore i'll just try to find one used somewhere,they don't cost alot used unless there the vintage ones,people on the internet who said they bought one used usually paid 325-375 for one.
dude nobody was trying to be a "smartass prick" its just really frustrating when people ask for help and then act like whiney twelve year olds when theyre asked questions. I'm not trying to be rude man, but seriously people don't have to help you, they choose to, so be a bit more considerate. Its not like we're being payed you know? If you want the help then let us help. If not, then be rude. Simple as that. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just telling you how to get answers. =)

As for helping, I second the Ibanez suggestion. They're really great guitars, they last, and they have nice fast necks which seems to be exactly what you're looking for. Honestly, when you find the right guitar, you'll know. If it feels right and sounds good then go for it. I'd say its really important to try it first or try something similar, but if you can't and you find yourself dead set on that guitar then go for it. Chances are it will work for you.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
TS, there is being a prick, and there is deserved sharpness. that was deserved.

I like Ibanez myself. get one, you seem to have liked it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by JudasMetallica
well thankyou for not being a smartass prick like williamdllr.Anyway thanks for the advice i'll look for used RGs to get a better one than the usual RG350DX everyone gets.as for ibanez destroyers i'd love to check some out,I like explorers but I don't want to go epiphone and destroyers are sappose to be good for metal.Since they don't exist anymore i'll just try to find one used somewhere,they don't cost alot used unless there the vintage ones,people on the internet who said they bought one used usually paid 325-375 for one.

A guitar will only be as metal as you can make it. Go with whatever feels comfortable honestly. The metal tone will more than likely come from your amp. What kind of amp do you have? It may be better to upgrade that now instead of having a 3rd guitar. If the amp is **** they'll all sound the same, so it won't make a bit of difference what you get.

Also, stay away from Deans with floyds unless you want to spend around 500-600 dollars. They'll just come with Dime's name on them, a ****ty trem and ****ty materials for the price your paying for. Tryout an Ibanez Iceman, very versatile guitar for when you grow out of your metulz phase and want to expand on other things.
Last edited by icaneatcatfood at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by icaneatcatfood
A guitar will only be as metal as you can make it. Go with whatever feels comfortable honestly. The metal tone will more than likely come from your amp. What kind of amp do you have? It may be better to upgrade that now instead of having a 3rd guitar. If the amp is **** they'll all sound the same, so it won't make a bit of difference what you get.

Also, stay away from Deans with floyds unless you want to spend around 500-600 dollars. They'll just come with Dime's name on them, a ****ty trem and ****ty materials for the price your paying for. Tryout an Ibanez Iceman, very versatile guitar for when you grow out of your metulz phase and want to expand on other things.

I know,im going to get a line 6 spider amp,right now I have a 25 watt amp and a digitech RP90 foot pedal
Quote by JudasMetallica
I know,im going to get a line 6 spider amp,right now I have a 25 watt amp and a digitech RP90 foot pedal

I've heard bad things about that amp, while I've never used it myself, you can apparently do better for the price.
now that i have calmed down a lil (short temper) i will continue to help you

DO NOT GET A LINE 6 SPIDER....either get a roland cube or a peavey viper

the line 6 is horrible and sounds like a$$,i have one and i know it...what amp are you using (to knoiw if you should sell it and get a lil money or keep it).

Ibanez is a smart choice,very thin fast necks and very reliable (at least in my case)

i repeat DO NOT GET A LINE 6

and im not a smart ass prick,you asked for help and i was giving up my time to help you and ask you a question and you began to act like a immature child because no where in your original post did it say your amp or pedals...
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Last edited by williamdllr at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by icaneatcatfood
I've heard bad things about that amp, while I've never used it myself, you can apparently do better for the price.

really? because for 230 I can get a line 6 spider 75 watt amp,and it has alot of features,presets for songs,has a knob that I can turn for the sound to change to Metal,Blues,Rock,insane etc. heres a link- http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944773-i1168992.gc
^it has a good price but NOT a good sound at all...its a very cheap,digital amp,you can do MUCH better with your money (i wish i knew this info when i bought my P.O.S)

and ill ask once more:
Current amp?
Willing to go used?
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922877-i1413607.gc

my guitarist has this. he can coax a lot of stuff out of that thing.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by williamdllr
^it has a good price but NOT a good sound at all...its a very cheap,digital amp,you can do MUCH better with your money (i wish i knew this info when i bought my P.O.S)

and ill ask once more:
Current amp?
Willing to go used?

yes I will go used,I actually prefer used over new because most of the guitars at guitar center used are in good condition and cost alot less.I got my MM warlock for a 100 used,when a new one there was 300.

my amp is pretty basic,ibanez toneblaster 25 watt with a digitech RP90 foot pedal
Do Not Get A Line 6

Peavy Vypyr.

Line 6's Aren't Good For Your Health.

YES I CAPITALIZED EVERY FIRST LETTER TO GET MY POINT ACROSS
i'd go for a schecter of some sort, theyre great for metal, but theyre also very versatile, and have great hardware
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Lollage123
Do Not Get A Line 6

Peavy Vypyr.

Line 6's Aren't Good For Your Health.

YES I CAPITALIZED EVERY FIRST LETTER TO GET MY POINT ACROSS

Spider, that is.

Get Yerself a Line 6 Flextone or a Peavey Vypyr.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you already have a used Warlock, which is as good as a $300 warlock, in your eyes, maybe it's even the same, just yours is used? Either way... If you're guitar plays like a $300 guitar, and you're looking to upgrade to your 3rd guitar, personally, I'd recommend saving some more, because it looks like you're just going to buy another $300-$400 guitar, so there isn't much of an upgrade. If you already have a low-midrange guitar, there's not much reasoning behind getting a new one, unless you're sick of your Warlock, although this doesn't appear to be the case.

If you can score a used RG550 in your budget, or with whatever you're willing to pay, forget everything I just said, as they are excellent guitars and a great step up from your Warlock, if not, I'd recommend making some more money and saving until you can get a RG550, or a Ibanez Prestige model, or an Ibanez S Series, they are all great guitars.
Quote by oneblackened
Spider, that is.

Get Yerself a Line 6 Flextone or a Peavey Vypyr.

The peavey looks good,not sure what a flextone is,and whats the difference between line 6 spider amps and line 6 spider IV amps? just later models or did they change anything
Quote by JackleCube
If you already have a used Warlock, which is as good as a $300 warlock, in your eyes, maybe it's even the same, just yours is used? Either way... If you're guitar plays like a $300 guitar, and you're looking to upgrade to your 3rd guitar, personally, I'd recommend saving some more, because it looks like you're just going to buy another $300-$400 guitar, so there isn't much of an upgrade. If you already have a low-midrange guitar, there's not much reasoning behind getting a new one, unless you're sick of your Warlock, although this doesn't appear to be the case.

If you can score a used RG550 in your budget, or with whatever you're willing to pay, forget everything I just said, as they are excellent guitars and a great step up from your Warlock, if not, I'd recommend making some more money and saving until you can get a RG550, or a Ibanez Prestige model, or an Ibanez S Series, they are all great guitars.

I like my warlock but I only bought it because it was 100 and there was nothing wrong with it,I was mainly trying to get off of my crappy samick and the warlock was a good upgrade.Now after i've had it about almost 2 years I wanna get something better like an RG ibanez for 400,and im also trying to find better models that are used and cost 400.
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
i'd go for a schecter of some sort, theyre great for metal, but theyre also very versatile, and have great hardware

I tried a few schecters but they all seemed pretty basic to me and the ibanez guitars sounded alot better and had more features.
Quote by JudasMetallica
I tried a few schecters but they all seemed pretty basic to me and the ibanez guitars sounded alot better and had more features.

What do you mean by 'basic'? I can understand if you like a certain guitars sound or tone better but I wouldn't say that Ibanez put more 'features' into their guitars than any other established company.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by JudasMetallica
really? because for 230 I can get a line 6 spider 75 watt amp,and it has alot of features,presets for songs,has a knob that I can turn for the sound to change to Metal,Blues,Rock,insane etc. heres a link- http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944773-i1168992.gc

Features don't mean a thing unless the amp has the sound to back it up. Which the Spider doesn't. Not to say it's bad, but for the price range you can do better.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']stop doing multiple posts. you'll get a warning, and possibly a ban.

thanks for the advice
Last edited by JudasMetallica at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by icaneatcatfood
A guitar will only be as metal as you can make it.

This right here, Jari from Wintersun used a stock Fender Telecaster for their self-titled album. Iron Maiden uses Strats with humbuckers in them.

Browse ebay and your local Craigslist for a used Ibanez Destroyer if you want one. But most of the metal tone comes from the amp. Everything about the guitar's tone is simply for a modification of the sound you get from the amp (when referring to metal).

However, the main thing you have to look for in the guitar is good construction, and playability. If it's not comfortable in your hands, it's not gonna be any good for what you want to do with it. I personally loathe most Ibanez necks, the only one I played that I really liked was the JS1000 (aside from their various set neck and jazz models). I'm much more comfortable with an ESP, BC Rich, or even a good Dean. Schecters are quite nice for the money, but the necks are too wide for me and if I bought one I would immediately shave the finish off of the back of the neck.

Find a guitar that you think looks good, feels good in your hands, and appears to be built well. If it has a crappy tremolo, you can replace it. If it has muddy pickups, you can replace them.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
there is ibanez destroyer right down the road from me at a pawn shop for 250 andit play great...not a huge fan of the shape but it sure does feel nice...look at your local craigslist and pawn shops

you can find someGREAT deals

I bought my ibanez RG5EX1 for 200 dollars and it was BRAND new...still had the plastic on the back and everything
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Honestly your nt getting much of an upgrade. I would save up to atleast $600 before looking for a new guitar or else it won't be that much different. Also to help people read your post just put a space after your periods it really helps with reading.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by JudasMetallica
The peavey looks good,not sure what a flextone is,and whats the difference between line 6 spider amps and line 6 spider IV amps? just later models or did they change anything

The Flextone is the next step up from the Spider valve.

Spider IV is better than the Spider III, still not that great though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I hope I come across an Ibanez Destroyer,i've always liked explorers but im not a fan of epiphone,destroyers are sappose to be good guitars.williamdllr, is this the destroyer you played? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2002_DT420.JPG alot of people say that they have bought that model for around 325-375.If not heres all the models(scrolled down on the page)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibanez_Destroyer if I was you i'd get the destroyer,it might be vintage and 250 is really good deal for one