i have a crate gtd 120 212 amp with 2 12in speakers and i like the sound i get from but want a fuller sound and was thinkin about buying a 4x12 cabinet for it since it has an external speaker jack. would this work?
depends on what you mean by fuller sound. if the cab is crap then no, if it isnt, you should get the same sound maybe slightly better and louder.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Fuller sound?

Usually that means you want more bass response and crisp sound. If so, a new cab and an EQ would help

Quote by enselmis
delay pedal

/thread
No.
basically i want to use the combo amp as a head and get a 4x12 cab to enhance the sound.
will it work?
lol i dont to know if the cab will give me better sound, will it physically work
Quote by doofus41
basically i want to use the combo amp as a head and get a 4x12 cab to enhance the sound.
will it work?

In all honesty, for the price of a half-decent 4x12 you might as well get a decent new amp. Waste of money (although if you're planning on a buying a new head in the future, a good cab could be a worthwhile investment)

Quality 2x12 valve combo > cheap crappy SS halfstack.

Edit: Yes it will physically work, and if you happen to have access to a 4x12 it's well worth a try. Just make sure the impedence matches.
Last edited by kyle62 at Aug 18, 2009,