Page 1 of 2
What's the worst conditioning you guys have ever had to do for a sport. I just joined soccer this year and we did some drills today and I was so worn out...but i'm sure its nothing compared to your guys stories.
I'll show you my dark secret!
try attending a basketball camp for a week.
This is for the moon, Ty Cobb!
Oh Noez Its Teh End Timez!
Try preparing for a hotdog eating contest. You know how many wieners you have to swallow?!?!?
My high school required us to do a "mini"-triathlon as a graduation requirement.
I did it. then gave us oranges afterward. woo.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

I went to UofK's basketball camp a couple years back for a week. I was tired as **** the first couple of days and after that it seemed like i couldnt get tired. Great conditioning
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
repeat 800s. anyone in track should know what im talking about. they suck... a lot.
Quote by mashizz
you don't know conditioning till you've joined the wrestling team

yeah wrestlers are really conditioned. i still think its funny that in any sport when you screw up or something along those lines, the person/team has to do laps but in track and cross country. thats all you ever do. my sport (track/cross country) is your sports punishment. haha ive always found that kinda funny
Quote by Mr. Rittard
My high school required us to do a "mini"-triathlon as a graduation requirement.
I did it. then gave us oranges afterward. woo.

So worth it just for the oranges!!!!
boxing in general is just one long conditioning workout
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by mashizz
you don't know conditioning till you've joined the wrestling team

+1000

Wrestling is the sport with the most intense training without a doubt
Quote by ttamland34
yeah wrestlers are really conditioned. i still think its funny that in any sport when you screw up or something along those lines, the person/team has to do laps but in track and cross country. thats all you ever do. my sport (track/cross country) is your sports punishment. haha ive always found that kinda funny

Yeah, but when us track/cross country people screw up, we just have to run more.

They should make us play basketball or something!
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Water polo hell-month.
I can't even remember parts of that month.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Quote by Laysrgood
So worth it just for the oranges!!!!

It was absolutely delicious.
I wish I had oranges right now.
=[

the closest thing I have to orange is a crayon.

side note:
why is it call a crayon?
it reminds me of crayfish.

Flam·boy·ant

The circle jerk/soggy biscuit conditioning program with my hockey team.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Not a sport, but Martial Arts summer retreats. Getting your ass kicked/kicking ass from 8 in the morning till 9pm is not the easiest thing I've ever done.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I played Soccer, and full field seperators sure sucked, plus our "hills" where we ran up a gigantic hill, it actually had foot holds because of how vertical it was.

My track practice was like 2 800s, 4 400s, 8 200s, and 16 100s. Not to mention the 1/2 mile warm up and cooldown, and the 30 minute stretching/plyometric warmup
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Hm... well, for soccer we had to run a mile and a half and run up this steep hill twice, and then run back. And then, we went into some drills, and the coach got pissed at us for being lazy, but really we were just tired, so he made us do what he calls a "monster", which is this: You start at the end line, run to the 6 yard box and back, then the 18 and back, then half and back, then other 18 and back, then other 6 and back, then other end line and back.

Doing this after running 3 miles and up a steep hill (twice damnit!) was not fun.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
try playing halo for 3 days straight, sleep deprivation and sever malnurishment is hell
The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick
Quote by namesroverrated
Hm... well, for soccer we had to run a mile and a half and run up this steep hill twice, and then run back. And then, we went into some drills, and the coach got pissed at us for being lazy, but really we were just tired, so he made us do what he calls a "monster", which is this: You start at the end line, run to the 6 yard box and back, then the 18 and back, then half and back, then other 18 and back, then other 6 and back, then other end line and back.

Doing this after running 3 miles and up a steep hill (twice damnit!) was not fun.

In other words, a separator.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
try playing halo for 3 days straight, sleep deprivation and sever malnurishment is hell

Yep.
that'll do pig, that'll do.

Flam·boy·ant

Quote by namesroverrated

You mean a suicide?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
You mean a suicide?

did I ever mention how much I love your sig?

Flam·boy·ant

Quote by Mr. Rittard
did I ever mention how much I love your sig?

Oh, well... I'm blushing...
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by namesroverrated

You know what's just as bad as those??

The Six Six Six.

You start at the corner flag, sprint to the corner flag directly opposite, then you job till you get back to where you started, this time you sprint till halfway..

You repeat this until you have to sprint the WHOLE field, sure as hell sucks.
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin
You know what's just as bad as those??

The Six Six Six.

You start at the corner flag, sprint to the corner flag directly opposite, then you job till you get back to where you started, this time you sprint till halfway..

You repeat this until you have to sprint the WHOLE field, sure as hell sucks.

I've done that too, it's terrible. And I hate it when we have to jog the short sides and sprint the long ones. It's not that bad, except we do it FOREVER.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
I was in track and cross country, and I'm not sure which one was worse. The worst one I remember was when we started at the school, ran down the hill(20% grade, 1/4 mile, across town, up a mile long 10% grade, then UP A FREAKING MOUNTAIN, and across the top of said mountain( 1/2 mile)...only to turn around and do the same thing in reverse. Took about an hour for our fastest runners, who were state champs.

Track was just as bad...I was a hurdler. Whenever we did repeats, the hurdlers had hurdles in their lane. Imagine 10 or so 300M repeats with hurdles in your lane, with a fairly quick minimum time on each one. You miss the mark, it doesn't count. Also, there's a set number of steps in between hurdles, so you can't go too slow because it throws that off and you hit the hurdle awkwardly, losing time.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by ttamland34
repeat 800s. anyone in track should know what im talking about. they suck... a lot.

If your running them for the first time they do, but after you run them a few times they get sooooo much easier.
In year 9 i joined the Rugby team, and they made us run 7k's before a two hour practice in a maximum of 25 minutes (or something like that, it's been a while and i've forgotten the exact details). I didn't go back.
I made to level eleven in a beep test, also in high school; the only other person who made it that far was the P.E. teacher and one of those fitness freak kids who was some sort of swimming champ or something. I was quite dizzy afterwards. (a beep test is where you run back and forth on a basketball court, staying ahead of the beeps, or you're out. There are about 12-14 beeps a level, and each level they get faster; each beep is one length of the court).
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Quote by Skin the Sun
In year 9 i joined the Rugby team, and they made us run 7k's before a two hour practice in a maximum of 25 minutes (or something like that, it's been a while and i've forgotten the exact details). I didn't go back.
I made to level eleven in a beep test, also in high school; the only other person who made it that far was the P.E. teacher and one of those fitness freak kids who was some sort of swimming champ or something. I was quite dizzy afterwards. (a beep test is where you run back and forth on a basketball court, staying ahead of the beeps, or you're out. There are about 12-14 beeps a level, and each level they get faster; each beep is one length of the court).

Yea beep tests are the worst. Pro footballers can get to level 25 somehow.

Worst I've done was a bleep test, which I got to round 11 as well, had 5 mins rest, then had to do circuit training for 20 mins which is DAMN hard.

Circuit training is when you have different exercise equipment set up in a hall like weights, bench press, push ups, sit ups, squats, and you sprint to each section, do 10 reps of each, and move onto the next. We had to do them all 3 times.
TRANSFORMICE

mile repeats where we had to finish the mile in around 6:15. we would get a 3-5 minute break after, then would repeat it about 8 times. god, sometimes i hated cross-country.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
in wrestling I remember multiple conditionings that sucked:
running 2 miles with someone of your weight on ur back, running bleachers with someone on ur back, suicides, jump roping single bounce for 20 minutes and everytime u mess up u have to run a lap after it doesnt sound bad but after 10 minutes jumpeoping sucks, every friday was five mile friday every 30 seconds over 35 minutes it took u u had to do either 5 puships or 5 sit ups tho that rule aid start at 2 minutes go to 1 then 30 as everyone got more in shape. Proud to say I was the only Newbie to never take over that time and out of all the jumprope sessions I messed up once
Currently Playing:
Arma 2/3, Dayz, GW2, GTA, Splinter Cell, ESO, FF:X, Pokemon X
The worst exersize that my soccer coach made us do was this thing where he puts beacons on the grass. 10 meters apart totalling 50m in a straight line. You sprint to the first 1 (10m), then sprint back. Sprint to the 2nd (20m) and go back-carries on like that.
The worst was when we had to do it up a steep imbankment. Its hard sprinting up hill but then its impossible to slow down and turn around after sprinting down.

I hated it, but it builds massive calf and thigh muscles.
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Quote by shmikeyboy
Thread title suggested haircare
I am disappointed.

Thread is now about hair care products...
Attachments:
axe.jpg
yea wrestling by far is the worst running stairs with people on your back and it just in general,its very time consuming.
Carry on
Pyramid suicides, Iron Man suicides, any variation of suicides =\

Quote by Skin the Sun

I got to level 12.4 when I was in grade 9, a guy in another class got 14 something.
Last edited by FelixJZ at Aug 18, 2009,
Page 1 of 2