I've got three Jackson DX10D guitars. The DX10D is a midrange Jackson costing around 450 to 500 dollars. They're not the most expensive guitars, but they're decent IMO. All three are set up the same way and were set up by myself. Before I got back into playing about a year and a half ago I'd never set up a guitar, but after some reading I was able to learn how.

The guitars range in age from around a year old to a month old. The newest one is the one I'm having buzz problems with. The other two play great with no buzzing at all. For some reason, the low E, A, and D strings all buzz from around the 9th fret to around the 12th or 13th fret. I have 11 gauge strings on all my guitars and they're all tuned to E or Eb. The intonation is spot on and the relief is where it should be. As far as I can see, there's no issues with the frets in the area where it's buzzing.

I've tried adding a little more relief and taking a little out but it still buzzes. I tried raising the posts of the Floyd Rose bridge and lowering them some but that didn't help either. I just can't figure it out. I thought maybe changing the strings would help, but I only put the strings on a month ago when I got the guitar and I'd hate to change them already. I do play quite a bit, but I prefer strings with some age on them that are already nice and stretched and don't sound super bright. I usually play for at least 2 or 3 months before I change them. Right now though, that's the only other thing I can think to do.

Any ideas? I don't understand why this one guitar is giving me this problem. Especially since it's the newest of the three and isn't set up any differently than the others.

Thanks for any ideas or info.
Youre frets must have bumps on them, i suggest you go and see the person who set your guitar up or anyone else you know who can set them up and get it fixed....or just youtube on how to fix it.
Quote by Sprint Jumper
Youre frets must have bumps on them, i suggest you go and see the person who set your guitar up or anyone else you know who can set them up and get it fixed....or just youtube on how to fix it.

Thanks for the reply, but clearly you didn't even bother to read my post.
if the middle frets are buzzing it`s normally a indication of the neck being backbowed. and needs a truss rod adjustment.
Did you measure the height of all of the frets (with a feeler gauge) in the area where you think it's coming from? Perhaps you have a high or unseated fret somewhere in there. If you have say .045" frets and one is high or up by only .005 or .010, you could have a problem on an otherwise well setup guitar.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
if using feeler guages, capo the 1st fret then fret the fret closet the neck joint (around the 14th / 15th) measure the gap at the 8th there should be 0.3 to 0.5 gap between the top of the fretwire and the bottom of the string or without the feeler guages lightly tap the string at the 8th when it bounces there will be a visable gap.

meaurements are based on a guitar with the action set to 2mm at the 14th fret.