How does the pit feel about owning birds as pets? Do you own any? I've owned a cocktiel and a parakeet in my lifetime, but now that I'm in college and a little loney these days I'm considering buying a lovebird to keep my company.

I'm just worried about the noise pissing my mother and father off, but what can you do?

EDIT: This video is friggen cute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1AQ4GhHmsg
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Aug 18, 2009,
I had a bird when I was a youngin,
then I watched forrest gump and let it free.
it got hit by a car.

true story.
FML.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

Quote by Doppelgänger
I had two budgies a few years ago. They were really annoying, so they died.

, sociopath there, huh, Doppelganger?
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Quote by Doppelgänger
I had two budgies a few years ago. They were really annoying, so they were killed in their sleep

fix'd

I used to have a pink and grey gallah (sp) it had a broken wing and I'm just a gewd person I guess...
It was fun making it dance, but I could never teach it any words.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I have a cocktiel and a parakeet right now. The parakeet is ok, but the cocktiel is so fucking annoying. It doesn't shut up!!!
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I have a cocktiel and a parakeet right now. The parakeet is ok, but the cocktiel is so fucking annoying. It doesn't shut up!!!

He wants out, brah.
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by SlinkyBlue
He wants out, brah.

I would if he wasn't a complete dickhead! He bites everyone but my mom.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I would if he wasn't a complete dickhead! He bites everyone but my mom.

yeah he leaves her for me

^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
birds are most beautiful when in flight and keeping them as a pet takes that away from them. its kinda ironic to say the least. animals are animals, so i dont think there is anything immoral about keeping them as pets, but i would rather they were able to fly around and whatnot than sit in a cage and chirp and bitch because they are confined to said cage.

sometimes i feel bad about keeping my dog inside because he seems happier outside. i think the only reason he ever comes inside is because we're in there and he is a very social dog.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Aug 18, 2009,
I used to own a budgie but it flew away when it somehow got out of its cage,god i miss him

Edit:Lol at Deep kick
Last edited by gerardk at Aug 18, 2009,
I don't know how people can keep birds in a cage all day and not have it bother them atall
The bird would either have been bred in captivity or snatched from the wild and now it's going to spend it's entire life locked in a box barely big enough for it to stretch it's wings, doing nothing all day, just sitting there... All so that someone can have a nice side ornament in their living room...
What a sad life.
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
No, you didn't.
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
Quote by Doppelgänger
I had two budgies a few years ago. They were really annoying, so they died.

This.
I have had a cockatoo almost all my life. I think he's 15 years old, but he could be older 'cause I'm not sure when we got him. We raised him from that terrifying pincushion monster that is a baby bird. He could fit in our hand when we got him. Only problem we have with him is that now he tears his feathers out and masturbates constantly. I guess it's because we gave him so much attention as a baby, that when my brother and i grew up, he took not being the center of attention pretty hard (This is the famous Las Vegas Bird Man's explanation).
[quote="'†[Posessed"]†']I don't know how people can keep birds in a cage all day and not have it bother them atall
The bird would either have been bred in captivity or snatched from the wild and now it's going to spend it's entire life locked in a box barely big enough for it to stretch it's wings, doing nothing all day, just sitting there... All so that someone can have a nice side ornament in their living room...
What a sad life.

I don't really feel bad because my bird is retarded. It would be a disaster if he went into the wild now, and I really think he would have been the bird that jumped out of the nest a bit too early if he wasn't raised in captivity.
My nan has a bird, it's kind of pointless, it doesn't really do anything :/
[quote="'†[Posessed"]†']I don't know how people can keep birds in a cage all day and not have it bother them atall
What a sad life.

Yes indeed that would be sad... but that is not the life of the bird who is owned by an enthusiastic bird owner.

When I had a parakeet he'd always be out of his cage. I'd take him in the shower every morning, he'd sit on the curtain ring, I'd take him in the bath, he'd sit on my shoulder while playing video games, he was really cool. He was just noisy and couldn't fly for crap.

Since I've got a job and money now, I can afford some things I've wanted for my parakeet Buddy but I can buy for my new lovebird I'm going to buy this week (I think I'm going to name him Stewie )

I'm going to get a little playgym to put on top of this desk so he can get outside of his cage when I'm around, a suction-cup perch to put on my window, some fruit to eat every night, he'll be a great pet. Basically my plan is to close my door to my room, and open his cage so he can do whatever the hell he wants. But it'll take time.

Anyway, yes, people who lock birds up and don't do anything with them are assholes. But I'm not one of them.
-Jim Morrison