Most people, i think, including me tap there foot.

How do you keep time when playing?

Anyone with unusual methods?
Metronome.

Otherwise I just keep time in my head. I've been told I have "natural rhythm", or something
rather than tap my foot i kinda kick the floor in a horse like motion
Quote by MusicLine
Gundam pilota09, i'm happy for you, and imma let you finish, but Moses had the best ten commandements of ALL TIME.

Had to do it.
My drummer has that "natural rhythm" so when playing with band I just follow him instead of taping with my foot I kinda headbang with rhythm =p but when practicing I use metronom I think metronom is best way of removing any mistakes in your playing.
Quote by Gundam pilota09
rather than tap my foot i kinda kick the floor in a horse like motion

hahahah
Unless you're playing in an odd time signature or reading sheet music at the time of playing, I see no reason you'd need to consciously think about time. Maybe I just had really good rhythm before becoming a musician so I don't intentionally think about it. =/
Metronome. Tapping your foot can lead to slight errors. Metronome will note adjust for your playing. You're either in or you're out.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Unless you're playing in an odd time signature or reading sheet music at the time of playing, I see no reason you'd need to consciously think about time. Maybe I just had really good rhythm before becoming a musician so I don't intentionally think about it. =/

This. I nod my head a little in rhtyhm sometimes but it's not conscious. When recording I follow the drums.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
i think i just play the song in my head and play along to it, it seems 2 work...
Indie isn't rock... It isn't even music!
Headbang, or tap my foot off-beat :P i struggle to do it on beat for some reason

I to have natural rhythem
Quote by Fama
This. I nod my head a little in rhtyhm sometimes but it's not conscious. When recording I follow the drums.

+1

I hope nodding doesn't make me look like a bird or something.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Natural Rhythm, but I sometimes tap with my foot, especially when practising something new, on a slow tempo. On other occasions I use my drum computer..
Quote by Anthony1991
Headbang, or tap my foot off-beat :P i struggle to do it on beat for some reason

Me to - people always look at you strange when they notice though. I also follow the drummer if there is one.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Everything I play is on time.

How do I make my listeners keep their ears on time.....that's the question!!!!
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
tap foot if im warming up, jamming by myself.

metronome for everything else.

that being said, i can keep a steady bpm with my foot.
Quote by bleeditout
Tap the floor like crasy or just follow the drummer ^^

that's what he's there for.
I tap my foot, bounce my leg, or kinda sway back and forth! I can never keep still while playing guitar :S