Hey everyone,

keep watching this vid on youtube and am absolutely mesmerised!

As far as I know it was a bit of funk improv (from the comments on the vid) does anyone have any similar tabs, or even better guitar pro files of these kind of walking bass lines?

Thanks kindly
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
video is in my favs now
really nice
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Love Cats by the Cure is a very punchy walking bass line. There are tabs on this site for it.

You can funk up or down any walking bassline. The Jazz band I'm in does a funky version of "Straight no chaser" by Thelonious Monk. Its all in the rhythm and feel.
Damn that guy's right hand technique is good! And funky as hell too!
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Strutter by KISS!! Love Gun by KISS also! Gene Simmons is really fun, and easy, to play =)
Baaaaaaazz
It's just a regular walking line with some muted plucks to give percussive funk feel. I'd say look up lessons on Jaco's percussive 16th style, it will help you be able to do this and than some.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by anarkee

You can funk up or down any walking bassline. The Jazz band I'm in does a funky version of "Straight no chaser" by Thelonious Monk. Its all in the rhythm and feel.

I love that bassline! Me and my teacher played along with "blue monk" and "So what" in a cafe shop, it had some pretty tricky accidentals

Also TS, from watching and listening your video once i can tell that the guy is in the key of E and the main "riff" is E - D - C - B and then he adds some little trills and runs around that (eg. on the second or third "riff" he does roots anbd fifths so E- B, D-A, C-G, B). After that he is just jamming in the E mixolydian which is a minor scale with a flattened 7th. You should experiment more with scales and different rhythms. Hopefully this'll start you off!
Last edited by Bass First at Aug 19, 2009,