Ok so,

I just got my Bugera 6262. opened it and had a look etc

But since i dont have a cab i was planning to plug it though my combo just to play at low volumes until i go to band prac and/or get a cab

So i plugged it all in, and then i plugged the head into the speaker jack on the back of my combo.

Tried to get some sound, and got nothing.

Does the combo need to be turned on?
Am i doing something wrong?
Is my amp ****ed?
You have to be shure the impeadence is correct and ive never heard of combo speakers having an input jack are you shure you didnt plug it into your combo's controls, i would stop what your doing to prevent damage to both amps
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Its a jack that says ''loudspeaker'' with a little tiny cable going into the combo.

So i just unplugged it and put the impedance to 4 like i was told to do.

EDIT: My combo still works fine, its 100w...
Last edited by geetar_man0 at Aug 18, 2009,
Bumped for the greater good.

I honestly have no idea man.

Can you post some sample pics of the amp and the head (not your ones necessarily, just pics from Google Images will be fine)?
Sounds like you plugged the speaker out of your head unit into the speaker out of your combo amp. Which isnt gonna work no. You made no mention of what combo youre trying to use. You need to find out the ohms of the combos speaker/s BEFORE you try to plug anything else into anything else. Randomly plugging things and not matching your ohms is a very good way to ruin a new amp. Which would not be covered under warranty. They may even void the warranty as you had a look inside.
I didn't look inside, i meant like i just looked around, read the manual etc.

Basically I'm using a MG that i got given to me about 3-4 years ago.... i know its bad.
I tried to leave it out for as long as possible cause it instantly makes me look like a 'n00b'.

Although i am when it comes to tube amps as i only got a job this year, and this is the first thing i saved up for.

The OHMS is 4...
So i adjusted the setting on the head to 4

What should i plug the head into?
Quote by geetar_man0
I didn't look inside, i meant like i just looked around, read the manual etc.

Basically I'm using a MG that i got given to me about 3-4 years ago.... i know its bad.
I tried to leave it out for as long as possible cause it instantly makes me look like a 'n00b'.

Although i am when it comes to tube amps as i only got a job this year, and this is the first thing i saved up for.

The OHMS is 4...
So i adjusted the setting on the head to 4

What should i plug the head into?

How does the speaker on your MG connect to the amp section?
Quote by whitenihilist
How does the speaker on your MG connect to the amp section?

Oh ****...

The chord comes FROM the speaker...

So if i've plugged my head into where the speaker plugs into the MG, and turned it on, will my head be ****ed?
if it's valve head it could be since that's about the same as turning it on with it not plugged into anything.

Alot of marshall combos have leads coming From the speaker which you can plug into a different head (i've done it before and it worked) but check impedences first.
Quote by geetar_man0
So if i've plugged my head into where the speaker plugs into the MG, and turned it on, will my head be ****ed?

There's a chance yes.

If you want to use your combo as a cab you'll need to rewire the speakers.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
What can happen if you turn it on with no speaker plugged in...

Every post is painful, i never thought id be this much of a noob with this
Quote by geetar_man0
What can happen if you turn it on with no speaker plugged in...

If it's a valve amp?
it is quite likely to break the valves but can break the actual amp.
That's assuming I'm right in thinking that plugging into the wrong bit on a combo is the same as not plugging into anything. You might get lucky....

Have you checked impedences yet? a marshall 100w combo will probably have a speaker of about 4 ohms so using the 4 ohm output on your head will be fine (aslong as impedence of head is not higher than that of speaker you should be OK)

test it, if it doesn't work you may have broke it.