hi,
I really love razorback's but i can't afford one. so i'm going build one at home.
I was wondering if i could get the plans for free anywhere. And i would also like to know what sort of wood i would need and any electrronics. My budget is 200USD
Thanks
i don't think you can get everything for 200USD.
more like 400.
the guitar is all mahogany and i guess you should get a pair of hot pickups to match the shape.
Gibson les Paul studio
Schecter hellraiser C-1 FR 2008
Guitar Rig - Rig Kontrol
Quote by Mohitrules
sorry but i misculculated my budget it is only £75.
Sorry

you wont even buy a set of pickups for that >.>

well, decent ones anyway
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I already have most of the part i only need to make the blank but i need plans for it. If you have plans for it please let me have a copy of them.
THANKS
If you can build a razorback for £75 then you should start a business :P
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
http://www.guitarplansunlimited.com/Body%20Templates.htm
20USD inc. shipping to UK, that's probably the best you're going to get.

If you've got everything for the guitar except the body, as said Basswood will be much better, and possibly cheaper - as long as your not doing a transparent finish.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
i have pickups, all the electronics, fretboard. i only need to get a cheap blank and plans for the razorback
you dont *realy* need plans.

afaik as long as the distaints between the nut and bridge is right, everything else is change able (like where the knobs and pups are)

as long as the bridge, fretboard and neck line up properly (right scale, ect ect) the body can be what ever shape you want.

so, if the points/horn arnt EXACTLY right, it doesnt matter.
so if you can draw that shape (or any shape tbh) you should be fine.

maybe if you have a freind with that guitar, you could ask them if you could trace it.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
If you're any good with computers or scaling up, you can get all your measurements from this pic

Just find the measurement of something you know and go from there.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
hi,
thanks for all the help everyone but could you tell me where i could get the blank or a piece for wood that size in a diy store in the u.k
Thanks again
A piece that size, of anything, is going to be expensive. You would have to get a few pieces of wood and glue them together.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
i can get wood but i need to know what size it should be an how thick it should be
Go to your local GC and try to measure some stuff out, otherwise, we can't google the razorback's specs any better than you can.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
You need it to be slightly thicker than your finished body will be. If you ask how thick that should be I will be seriously inclined not to give anymore input. Do some research, and you may want to wait till you have a slightly bigger budget or you're gonna end up with crappy materials.

So... measure from that pic above and figure out what size you need.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
^ what racman92 said. Also, do you have any of the tools needed to build a guitar body? Have you worked with wood before?

In my honest opinion, I think you should either A.) just save up and buy the real thing, or B.) spend the next couple of months doing more research. Otherwise, there is a high chance your build will just be bullocks.