Page 1 of 2
Greetings,

Well I hate to use this word, but I do believe that I have been 'scammed' by a fellow member of these boards. I have been in the market for a line 6 bogner head and fbv shortboard and upon my searching for one, came across one(of many) advertised on Craigslist.
Upon contacting him I had quick and friendly comms with no issues. We agreed to a price of $500 shipped to my residence in North Dakota, following that I sent him payment via Paypal on August 4th. He confirmed receiving the funds and said he would bring the head to a local shop to give it a once over and he would ship it out once the tech was done with it(this was a friday).
I emailed him looking for an update and he replied stating that the tech did not finish with it on friday and would give me an update on Monday once he contacted the tech working on the head.
It has been over a week with no commuinication whatsoever. I have sent him a number of emails looking for an update but to no avail, he is simply avoiding me. I am a very understanding person and would be more then compassionate if he encountered some sort of family emergency or anything of the sort. However, since searching for him online, I found him here on this site online everyday. That has proven to me that he has had plenty of time to contact me but has decided not to.

I am reaching the end of my patience and am prepared to take it to the authorities. His username on these forums(and others) is: Mindstealer. So I would strongly encourage all of UG to stay away from this user, to avoid a scam.

His name is Jack Metcalf and according to his Craigslist ad, he is located in Apple Valley, Minnesota. I am uncertain as to if this address if correct as his location is set as Las Vegas on these forums.

What I am looking for now is ANYONE who would have information on this user to help me get justice.

I do appreciate your time.
Madison
Internet Justice

Edit: Caps fail. Sorry, I also have no idea how to help. PM a mod or admin of the forums you traded? He/she'll track down an IP.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Last edited by Zero-Hartman at Aug 18, 2009,
For Great Justice!
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
That guy is a *** .
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
You can get your money back with paypal I think. Look into it, perhaps it's only possible within 1 or 2 weeks of payment.
yeah seriously i hope you sort this out with that asshole, if i see him posting ill flame his ass for you XD

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
if it's through paypal can't you just get your money back aslong as he hasnt deleted his profile on craigslist. I know that his is the case on Ebay, you just have to fill in an online form or something, they email him/her giving a chance to reply. If they don't reply you can get your money back with no damage to your user rating ectect
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by Uber Man
tl;dr

so all i have to say is, PWND!

you sir, are a total asshole

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
You are an Aug '09er therefore I don't necessarily believe you as you could have just signed up to flame someone you know and/or don't like.

However, if this is true, I feel for you and his n00b arse will be flamed by the people here I'm sure...

Quote by Uber Man
im not reading wall of text.

*edit* i can't really get in trouble for saying that can i?

gtfo then
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Aug 18, 2009,
Hmm. You shouldn't have been so trusting of a total stranger. I, personally, am not. For all we know, this guy could just be someone whom you hate and want to harass.
Dispute case with paypal... ASAP.. it can take a while but you'll get your money back in the end.
never heard of him tbh.. go kick him in the nuts?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I too have been scammed by a member of these forums. I payed a very large sum for sexual favors that never materialized. The scammer's name in "Kensai".
Steer clear of him.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
This is why I only deal with shops or proper internet shops. Secondhand stuff I'd go to a specific shop, or a reconditioning place. That's a bugger for you though, if he comes online, we'll moider/flame him to buggery. Hope you can get a refund though, otherwise that would be so ghey.

Good luck.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
He never comes in the pit so he'll never see this thread but yeah good luck getting your money back. I swear this is why people use paypal though, so if things like this fall through you can get your money back.
Quote by alexmonty12
He never comes in the pit so he'll never see this thread but yeah good luck getting your money back. I swear this is why people use paypal though, so if things like this fall through you can get your money back.

It is exactly why.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by vitchb
He doesn't even have a line6 spidertube by the looks of it.
i was thinking that from his gear list haha
Quote by Jackal58
I too have been scammed by a member of these forums. I payed a very large sum for sexual favors that never materialized. The scammer's name in "Kensai".
Steer clear of him.

Imbecile. You know full well that he will do these things free of charge.

TS, get onto Paypal about it. Seriously.
Yes, I use a Squier bass.

Quote by ccam555
0/10.

- Looking to improve this somewhat.
Try and scam him back

Srs though, get Paypal to sort it out
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
I got scammed on ebay, payed £80 for a broken MP4 player, the seller refused to talk to me. But after dealing with paypal i got all my £80 back Seriously, even if takes some time, don't leave it at him having your money, else he'll do it again to other people.
Sorry to hear that OP

Hope you get your cash back , internet fraud is pretty serious. Who knows who else this guy has scammed.

Good luck.
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
Get onto PayPal and get your cash back!

Or...if you didnt use PayPal, find the info he gave you for the account you transferred the cash to, leave it here, and let the internet do its job.
Page 1 of 2