Not a chorus please, not interested in univibe or deja vibe things either. Leslie simulators. Can't afford the h&k rotosphere, keep the recs around/under $300 usd.

Stereo outs are mandatory.

Looking at the dls rotosim and boss rt-20 right now. Maybe the line-6 roto machine as a more budget-friendly choice.

Help me out
not exactly what you asked for, but here's a thought...
Ernie Ball makes a volume pedal with stereo outs that can be treated as a panning pedal instead of just a volume control. more work for your foot, but some very cool and interresting dynamics.
DLS pwns the Boss. i've played both, and the DLS is much more convincing. the Boss sim sounds fake as hell. but it DOES have a cool swirly light, which could be beneficial if you hit acid when you play.

a panner might not be a bad idea, either. MXR makes a great one.

also: http://songworks.com/rotary-wave.htm . check this out if you're just going to be using it for home use.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
That would be badass if I had the room for it. Have you tried the line 6 roto machine Jhachey? I definitely want a roating speaker simulator, and don't have too much of a need for a panner tbh. I'm sure it would be cool to mess with, but I'd rather just set and forget. I love the tones Warren gets and want to pair it with a delay at some point down the line. He used the rotosphere, but had a real leslie last time I saw them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG23JXWPlgM

Any other recommendations for some good ones that I've missed, or is the dls glaringly better than the others in this range?
Kinda pointless. If you know how to use a chorus pedal you can get a leslie sound lmao.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Kinda pointless. If you know how to use a chorus pedal you can get a leslie sound lmao.

If you've ever used a real Leslie a chorus pedal doesn't even come close. The roto- sphere is the one to have huh..?
Seems to be, or a korg g4 but that's been discontinued for years and gets pretty expensive, not to mention freakin huge
I've seen the smallest REAL Leslie rotating units with motor and Jensen speaker minus cabinets and amps from the Lowery organs for under $100 on eBay. Add a used Epiphone valve Jr. head for an amp and mic it all in stereo. It might work

EDIT: hell, I just saw a used rotosphere with a buy it now price of $300 on eBay.

Good Luck.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Aug 19, 2009,
thanks bob. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any options. I've already got a stereo rig, and I'm a little hesitant to buy a rotating unit without the cab, I always though that was something which created the distinct sound.

I'm just going to continue to lurk on ebay
Quote by pak1351
That would be badass if I had the room for it. Have you tried the line 6 roto machine Jhachey? I definitely want a roating speaker simulator, and don't have too much of a need for a panner tbh. I'm sure it would be cool to mess with, but I'd rather just set and forget. I love the tones Warren gets and want to pair it with a delay at some point down the line. He used the rotosphere, but had a real leslie last time I saw them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG23JXWPlgM

Any other recommendations for some good ones that I've missed, or is the dls glaringly better than the others in this range?

that rotating speaker is no bigger than a vibro champ. it beats every simulator out there.

but if you insist on a simulator, go with DLS.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
h&k rotosphere is the only one ive ever played that sounds like a leslie. i esp. do not like the line 6.

look for the h&k used i guess.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by sesstreets

except it still sounds like a chorus pedal.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by Jhachey22
that rotating speaker is no bigger than a vibro champ. it beats every simulator out there.

but if you insist on a simulator, go with DLS.

Yeah, but it's still only like having the bass rotor of the leslie, and it's unpowered. I should have been more clear, mainly going for a leslie, not a rotating speaker, didn't mean to put that in there, sorry

I'll keep my eyes open for a korg g4, h&k, and dls
Quote by chea_man
except it still sounds like a chorus pedal.

Because you've tried this right? Take a ce-5, turn all the knobs fully clockwise and come back and tell me that it doesn't sound at all like a leslie speaker.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I love it if you can find one. it's vintage and rare but not that expensive.

Here are some details and sound samples
Quote by sesstreets
Because you've tried this right? Take a ce-5, turn all the knobs fully clockwise and come back and tell me that it doesn't sound at all like a leslie speaker.

What you're doing is like comparing a compressor and a distortion pedal. Yes, a distortion pedal compresses the signal, just like the compressor, but it also can do other things as well. Likewise, a leslie can do a lot more than just a chorus effect. That's just one aspect of the sound.
Quote by Sagieiland
I love it if you can find one. it's vintage and rare but not that expensive.

Here are some details and sound samples

will look into it
Last edited by pak1351 at Aug 21, 2009,