Well, a week ago, my band and I played at this super dive bar in the city. We got a little drunk before we played, and our buddies from another band showed up even more drunk to watch us. After our set, while we're loading out, one of the guys from the other band and I tried to lift my cab, amp, and guitar, all stacked on top of each other, up a couple stairs. We get about 2 steps up, and somehow my Peavey ValveKing slides out from between my guitar case and my cab, and falls on it's back. It was a solid 4 foot drop, at least.

Bottom line is, nothing is VISIBLY broken, but the tubes don't even fire up when I turn it on. It doesn't make ANY sound, even when turned up all the way. Does anyone have any experience with this or have any idea what I might be dealing with?

Before I get slammed, yes, I know it's my fault for letting drunk people carry my stuff.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

take it to a tech.
it's probably the tubes, probably one of them is shattered or has a slight hole (anything which destroys the vacuum totally stops them working) but you'll invalidate your warranty etc. unless you get it professionally fixed.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by kschaef
I know it's my fault for getting drunk and carrying my stuff.

Fix'd

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Did you check the fuses? does the indicatior light even turn on? if you arent comfortable checking inside your amp and not saying you should if you dont now what you are doing then I'd say take it to a tech.
My bad. Yes, I did check the fuse, and the indicator light turns on as well. I forgot to mention that.

And thank you, jcp, for that incredibly useful piece of information.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

actually, it is your fault for trying to carry all your stuff on top of each other. absurd.
1972 Fender Mustang
2000 Godin SD
Ampeg J20 Jet
Valveking 212
Barber Burn Unit
MXR Smart Gate
BYOC E.S.V. Fuzz
BYOC 10 Band EQ
People carry their stuff altogether all the time. Granted, I've never tried it with my guitar on top, which was probably what caused this, but that's not the point. Whenever I play shows, people pick up their amp/cab and put it on stage at the same time.

If you don't have anything pertinent to say, please don't comment. I said it was my fault specifically so people like you wouldn't feel the need to state the obvious.

Gear:

the lives to come

Take it to the shop and let an electrician have a look at it, it could be something small and inexpensive or well ya know..............