I am thinking of having a guitarist to play our favorite songs in the wedding reception. I am having a DJ but also wanted to have a guitarist just to play some mellow songs. I know I have the option of getting a band but I think I will save more if I'll have a guitarist instead of a band. The DJ is my fiancee's friend so we have a discount for the service. How much would it cost in getting a guitarist to play 10-15 songs? (US dollar rate)

Thanks for your help guys.
To be perfectly honest, the rates being charged depend on the individual, the size of the occasion, the area. There are too many variables to take into account.

Try posting over in the Bandleading Forum and give as much information as possible. Including the songs in question, as this will determine the skill level of the guitarist.

If you are lucky, someone from the same area might be able to help you, but if not, the only thing you can do is make a few calls and get some quotes, or maybe try a more local forum.

In future, keep in min that the New member forum is reserved for member introductions, and for users to ask questions about the site

Welcome to UG