I just got a brand new guitar, an Ibanez RGA42FM. It plays like a dream and the stock pick ups really aren't so bad, but I'm going to replace them anyway. My problem with them is they are a tad bit too bassy for my tastes. I play in a metalcore band, so yes, I do need pickups that can produce a nice lower end, but I also enjoy playing just good ole rock'n'roll, as well as some contemporary guitar and I'm currently beginning my studies in jazz guitar.

Basically, I need some active pickups that can produce me a nice tone for metalcore when played with distortion, but can also produce a nice clean tone as well. I'm only saying active, because the guitar came stock with active pickups so I'm guessing it would be easier to just replace them with different active pickups. Correct me if I'm wrong please

I'm using a Bugera 6260 120W amp Head (all tube) into a 4X12 Laney Cabinet incase you were wondering. My other guitar, which is also and Ibanez, has Seymour Duncan designed stock pickups and sounds amazing through that amp
I deff recommend Seymour Duncan Blackouts. They are a DREAM!
www.facebook.com/SlashAlexi

Gibson Les Paul Slash Signature

Jackson RR3

Fender EVH Replica

Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Epiphone LP 100

Marshall MG120HDFX Full Stack
Try doing the 18v mod if it has EMG's.

If not, Blackouts.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
What excaltly is the 18v mod? I'm sorry, I feel like such a noob, but I'm only familar with passive pickups, so I'm in a whole new world lol
You know how EMG's normally run on 1 nine volt battery?

You can wire in a second, for increased headroom and a more organic tone.

It's much cheaper than buying EMG-X's.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Go for blackouts or EMG 81/60, make sure its a 60 in neck though.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Blackouts, true Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, or maybe Bareknuckle.
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
EMG 81/60 setup, if you are looking for Actives, with the afterburner switch(afterburner if you are looking to add a gain boost to your guitar)

i have those in my ESP Eclispe II. they sound amazing!
i dont use the guitar to much since i mostly play punk tunes, but those pickups in that guitar can do everything from clean jazzy stuff to full out shred

if you wanna go passive then the Seymor duncan JB in the bridge and a '59 in the neck
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA