I have just received the guitar today and I have a couple of questions. I can't make any good pictures right now because it's raining and it's dark even with all the lights on and the flash on the camera everything is ether dark or blurry. He said that the headstock looks like it had been repaired but to me it looks like someone has spilled something on it. What is a good way to safely remove it and what's some good product to use to clean it with? I have bottle of fender polish and conditioner can I use it? I know you can't tell from the picture but does it have electric guitar strings on it? Because it looks like it does I have never saw acoustic strings that are all silver. the E A D strings have always been copper colored.

Thanks

See it looks like someone has spilled something on it what do you think?Sorry it was the best picture that I could take

Last edited by YouWantToKillME at Aug 19, 2009,
If someone has spilled something on it just wipe it with a damp cloth?

Could be electric strings , but maybe not , you can get acoustic strings made from a veriety of different metals in a veriety of colours
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
to me the head looks like it's been fixed..
and the strings could also be steel acoustic (mostly for folk and stuff)..
Now that I have the strings off and knocked a couple of bushing back in and cleaned the fretboard and glued the little piece of the pickguared back on. There not much else I can do but before I put a new set of strings on. I would love to clean it real good and wax it if possible if anybody know of a way to bring back the shine. I would love it if you would tell me please

Also I still don't know the model or age of this kinston. Can someone help me identify this guitar?

Thanks
Come on guys you've let me down look what happened when I do stuff by myself. I have cleaned all the crap off the headstock it wasn't a repair it was just some crap. But in doing so I scratched the nameplate up a bit I would really like to know the names of some good products to use to clean it and polish it with.

Before

After

Actually, it sorta looks like the clear coat was peeling off.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.