Hey everyone,

I have some questions about widescreen monitors and specifically the one I just purchased, a 23" HP. It has both VGA & DVI inputs. Now normally I get a resolution of at least 1400x1050 on my laptop, but I can only get a resolution of 1024x768 on the monitor. Also, I only have a VGA port on my laptop. My graphics card is like an ATI Radeon x1400 Mobility (or something like that, I'm at work now...).

So I really don't know as much as I'd like to about resolutions of vga, and dvi, and all that stuff. After reading a bit of Wikipedia it seems I'm getting the standard XGA output?? Is there any way this can be increased so I can get more resolution? Or is there anyway I can get a widescreen resolution? (16:9?) And I'm assuming there's no way to get some kind of DVI output?

Thanks in advance!
it should work with the VGA output. you probably have to adjust your monitor settings. if you have vista, right click your desktop, go to personalize, and then display settings (all the way at the bottom). then just adjust your resolution and you're good