Page 1 of 2
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963

A source close to Brett Favre said the quarterback, pending a physical, will sign a contract with the Minnesota Vikings for between $10 million to $12 million, according to ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Chris Mortensen tells Colin Cowherd that Brett Favre is headed to Minnesota today and will sign with the Vikings pending a physical.

Favre, a longtime star in Green Bay, came out of retirement last season to play for the Jets. He retired again, only to then entertain the idea of joining the Vikings. Last month, Childress said the quarterback would stay retired.

The pronouncement now appears to be premature.

According to Mortensen, the Vikings had sent their private plane to Hattiesburg, Miss., and left with Favre on it at 10 a.m. ET. The plane is expected to land in Minneapolis at about noon ET; Favre is expected to take a physical later Tuesday.

Two television stations reported that Favre was seen boarding a plane Tuesday morning that was headed to Minneapolis.

Sources told WDAM in Hattiesburg that Favre had said: "We may know something by dinner."

According to Minneapolis television station WCCO, a high-level source also said that Favre is expected to sign a deal with the Vikings on Tuesday.
-----------
Wow....just wow, when will he call it quits!
Gear:

Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Agile AL 3100
Yamaha G-40
Roland Microcube
Roland Cube 30X
I'm very tired of hearing about Brett Farve. Not only have I never been a fan of his, but he is also a second tier quarterback nowadays. If it was peyton manning or Tom Brady signing with the VIkiings I would care a little more, but Farve has proved the past 2 years that he isn't the same as he used to be...(which isn't to say he shouldn't be a starter, because he should, he's just obviously not the same player he used to be).
This guy needs to die. He's a bigger attention ***** than that scene chick down the street.
love is love // return to dust
I've lost so much respect for Brett Favre over the past few years. He used to be my favorite player. He's not even that good anymore, and I don't know why he keeps pulling moves like this.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I agree with DardoBoy

with him as a starter he wont be able to lead any team to a championship now, he is REALLY getting old.

hopefully in the next few years he just stops all this nonsense and takes a job as a quarterback coach or accepts some sort of veteren trainer role with a team close to home.

like jerry rice did.
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by food1010
I've lost so much respect for Brett Favre over the past few years. He used to be my favorite player. He's not even that good anymore, and I don't know why he keeps pulling moves like this.

Because people keep giving him trucks full of money.
Old people should stay retired when they claim to retire for the billionth time
isn't he like 60 now?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by Mobroz
The Vinkings!!???

Yeah, the Minnensontan Vinkings.

But seriously, Favre should've stayed retired. I honestly think he chose nearly the perfect time to retire; his legacy was still intact and people didn't really want to let go. But then he came back... and sorta ruined it...
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by El3ment380
As a packer fan, I cant beleive he would do this

I know, it's the ultimate backstab. He's killing us Wisconsinites on the inside. Whatever, Rogers is our new man.
Quote by Flann
I know, it's the ultimate backstab. He's killing us Wisconsinites on the inside. Whatever, Rogers is our new man.

I even bought the brett favre special edition sports illustrated and said I would keep it forever. I don't even know where it is now..
I think it's pretty sad that he would do this just to spite the Packers.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
^^^ win.
Old story is old.

Although I am excited to see the Vikings with a well rounded team this season.

live righteously

I swear to God we're gonna get it right,
If you'd just lay your weapon down.
Quote by DardoBoy
I'm very tired of hearing about Brett Farve. Not only have I never been a fan of his, but he is also a second tier quarterback nowadays. If it was peyton manning or Tom Brady signing with the VIkiings I would care a little more, but Farve has proved the past 2 years that he isn't the same as he used to be...(which isn't to say he shouldn't be a starter, because he should, he's just obviously not the same player he used to be).

I agree except a couple of years ago for packers he was insane; he should have retired then, instead of trying to re-ignite his career, he is going to be remembered by the next generation as the old washed up guy, instead of the awesome packers QB of the 90s and early 00s
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by DardoBoy

This man spoke everything I was thinking.

@ Brett Favre: L2retire.
Brett Favre should just retire dammit. I mean wtf. What has the world become when you can say that you retire, then don't. I mean WTF!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by BreakfastChamp

Uhh, Favre isn't exactly a great quarterback anymore. I wouldnt even call him good. The Jets last year proved that he's ho-hum at best now.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by CliffIsAngry
Brett Favre should just retire dammit. I mean wtf. What has the world become when you can say that you retire, then don't. I mean WTF!

Well everytime he is going to retire he ends up wasting all his money on hookers and needs more so he really can retire
i think anyone would come out of retirement if your getting 10 - 12 million for one year
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
so new question based on the fact that we now know he spends his money on drugs and hookers... does he beat his wife?
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I kind of wish Favre wasn't coming back, at least with the Vikings. I think if we give Tarvaris Jackson a season or two he'll mature into a really great quarterback. He has some consistency problems but when he's doing well, he kicks ass. I guess in the mean time Farve can take over (and wither away) but I don't see him being our biggest asset, dude's old. I just hope he lasts through the season.
I thought I heard the door open, oh no,
I thought I heard the door open but
I only heard it close.
Quote by Flann

Hell yeah! I think Rodgers is going to be great one day. He was okay last season, but I really do think he has yet to reach his peak.. and when he does he will be amazing..

EDIT:

Quote by StratPlayer15
Isnt the season opener for Minesota, Green Bay???

That should be good!

I think I just shat myself..
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Last edited by AStrangleHold at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by BreakfastChamp
Old story is old.

Silly goose. He's not signing with the Vikings. He's signing with the Vinkings. Can't you read??????
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
This has been in the works since last year.. Way to go hah.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Just added him to my fantasy football team.

Quote by Jackal58
Silly goose. He's not signing with the Vikings. He's signing with the Vinkings. Can't you read??????

I'm reading Vikings. Maybe its just because you are old.

Quote by StratPlayer15
Isnt the season opener for Minesota, Green Bay???

That should be good!

They don't play until week 4. But they are on Monday Night Football that week, so it should be good.
Quote by daytripper75
Just added him to my fantasy football team.

I'm reading Vikings. Maybe its just because you are old.

You dirty so and so.
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
You changed it you silly goose.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Page 1 of 2