Look into more Satriani stuff. Vai, etc...
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Look into more Satriani stuff. Vai, etc...

Well, most of Satriani's and Vai's stuff is pretty much songs with guitar as the lead melody part instead of vocals... I'm just looking for instrumental jams that are pretty much just a 3 or 4 or 5 or whatever minute guitar solo, like Satch Boogie and Jizz Da Pit is, as opposed to having a definite structure.
Why? Thats so pointless. If you really want something like that, I guess you can try Jessica by the Allman brothers.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Quote by afterthewar
Why? Thats so pointless. If you really want something like that, I guess you can try Jessica by the Allman brothers.

Why is it pointless? Because it will help me with my soloing, and maybe help me come up with my own licks? And that will possibly help with my improvisational skills?

I have reasons for my madness lol.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Why is it pointless? Because it will help me with my soloing, and maybe help me come up with my own licks? And that will possibly help with my improvisational skills?

I have reasons for my madness lol.

All the stuff Satch does is a lot of soloing over a more simple rhythm guitar and bass and such, if anything, listening to his stuff would help your improvising skills cause he does a hole bunch of different soloing techniques over the same rhythm
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings