Page 1 of 2
its pretty cheap. probably a lot less than your first. what is your gear btw?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Nothing special, 30 watt yahama amp my friend gave me, first guitar was a squire, or whatever their called.

I have some effect pedals and distortion pedal too.
I have Signature Series Les Paul. These guitars aren't actually made by Gibson, that's why they're so cheap. For them to be so cheap, mine plays pretty well. I took it to a shop and had it "set up" and that helped alot. Sounds good for a cheap guitar.
Gibson Signature Les Paul
Fender Princeton 65
Dunlop Hendrix CryBaby
i would actually work on getting a new amp. whats your budget?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
thought it was a gibson until i saw it is a bolt-on and that Signature Series is the actual brand
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
I wouldnt buy this. Try to get a bit more money and atleast shoot for a vintage vs-6
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by lemonpwns
I'm getting a new amp for christmas probably. So i should not get this?

what amp?
Quote by pedromiles101
From someone that got one for free from a bud, no don't get this guitar. Save up, get a new amp, then get better a guitar.
Gibson Signature Les Paul
Fender Princeton 65
Dunlop Hendrix CryBaby
No idea what amp, it'll be a present i ask for. The guitar i got atm is not a squire btw, looks like one, think it's one of those guitars you get with a package for about £100.
Let him do what he wants. It's not the guitar it's the player. I make my old ****ty Jackson sound like an angel. It just takes a lot of work. Personally, I wouldn't buy it because your Squier will basically be that guitar for you. You don't need two of em. The amp, whatever you do don't listen to the people on this site as if what they say is an absolute. They will throw things at you and most of the posters opinions are biased, unvalidated, and misinformed.

They may have the right idea, or good intensions. But go out and practice on every guitar and every amp you want to buy and decide what you like best.
He called me a rapist and a recluse! Iam not a recluse!
-Mike Tyson
Quote by lemonpwns
No idea what amp, it'll be a present i ask for. The guitar i got atm is not a squire btw, looks like one, think it's one of those guitars you get with a package for about £100.

well, if your parents are awesome, ask for a pretty expensive tube amp. but on a serious note. you should seriously try saving your money to about $600 or $700 and splitting your budget about 50-50 for guitar and amp
Quote by pedromiles101
Don't think they'll spend that much :P.

Can i ask whats wrong with that guitar there?
its pretty cheap. you're better off saving up for a new amp.
Quote by pedromiles101
well, unless your pretty sure its your guitar holding you back from playing (the playability of the neck), then go and try to find a new guitar. but if you're upset with your tone, it's the amp that needs to be replaced.
Quote by pedromiles101
So what exactly is your maximum budget?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
well, it's a starter guitar. just like the one you listed in your first post. its on on the same level. it wouldn't be much of an upgrade.
Quote by pedromiles101
I'm not expecting too much, but i played on some of my friends guitar and they just feel so much better, more comfortable and so much easier to play. While my one, the strings are tight and it's just hard to play.
I'm telling you now, that SG is gonna kill your fingers, for that price I smell high action and terrible frets...honestly, the best thing you can possibly do is get down to a big guitar shop and trying out a couple of models so you know what you like...then you just save for it, knowing you're working towards something good...sound alright? I just cant believe why people are steering you towards an amp when you specifically said you want a guitar...
Fenix by Young Chang 1989 Stratocaster <3
Quote by Munky Shaffer
I'm telling you now, that SG is gonna kill your fingers, for that price I smell high action and terrible frets...honestly, the best thing you can possibly do is get down to a big guitar shop and trying out a couple of models so you know what you like...then you just save for it, knowing you're working towards something good...sound alright? I just cant believe why people are steering you towards an amp when you specifically said you want a guitar...

Eh thanks, guitar shop is really far away, and that just seemed like a good price.
TS, before we know what guitar is good for you, we need to know what genres you play and what your budget is. If that guitar is your budget, then you probably don't have enough money to buy a guitar that's really a step up from a Squier.
I'm with TheLetheProject on this one, it seems you're just downgrading with the SG. To be honest, a guitar is a really personal thing, and it's worth going the distance to make sure you get a good one. Trust me on this, if its cheap, it will feel cheap.
Fenix by Young Chang 1989 Stratocaster <3
I'd save the money up for a new amp. That guitar will be virtually the same as your current one.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
I play all genres, pretty much everything and anything. Can you guys recommend a guitar for me then?
Quote by lemonpwns
I play all genres, pretty much everything and anything. Can you guys recommend a guitar for me then?

what genre's do you play the most? you possibly cant play EVERY genre. reggae, ska, death metal, doom metal, hip-hop, 80's rock, blues, jazz... everything?
Quote by pedromiles101
they're on similar quality. they're starter guitars. for the genre's you listed, i suggest a Schecter Omen 6. it's actually quite versatile.
Quote by pedromiles101
A good guitar for about $500 is the LTD MH-250QMNT, Its pertty nice guitar for so cheap, got nice sounding pickups, great action, very nice finish, has a thin neck, neck thru, and it plays a vast majority of genras. heres the site for it, 2nd one down http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_mhnt.html

EDIT: I see your into gibsons, and the two guitar you posted are cheap, which means crappy, your squier cost about the same as the ones you found, which wouldent be much of an upgrade, just a change of look. If you dont feel like spending much money I would just mod the hell out of your squire, worked for me.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Aug 18, 2009,
That seems pretty cheap. And mind you, it's ebay;you could be getting ripped off.
Quote by lemonpwns
Where could i buy these guitars? Something i can use paypal with please.

why, there isn't a shop anywhere near you?
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
why, there isn't a shop anywhere near you?

No, i doubt they would see the exact guitar im looking for anyway.
Quote by lemonpwns
No, i doubt they would see the exact guitar im looking for anyway.

you dont know that. you just gotta google some dealers nearby your area and actually take the trip out to those places.
Quote by pedromiles101
Sadly, with guitars--like anything else--you nearly ALWAYS get what you pay for. Be patient, work hard (for cash, and practicing your instrument), and eventually buy the guitar of your dreams. Believe me, it will be well worth the wait.
"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long.
And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."

- Stephen King, The Stand
Thanks, to everyone who replied, think i'll save abit more and go for a Schecter Omen 6 or something similar. Thanks again, one more thing, is there anything online that can help me tune my guitar? I recently broke my tuner >.>
You can buy those guitars in ****ing Argos

Go down to a guitar shop, try some out, see if you like them, and work towards it.
Page 1 of 2